OK beach guys, whats the best thing youve found in a whatsit?

clifftronics

in memory of...
Ive cracked a few open and most were botthecaps or iron, Ive recently found a car lugnut and a car cigarette lighter, best has been a silver bracelet with white beads, and a gold bead off of a bracelet, that ive only got enough of the crusties off by tumbling, passed 10k, so now I need to break free the rest of shells and sand, it shined like brand new when some of the crusties were nocked off in tumbler. I still have a bag of whatsits that I need to crack open with hammer, you never know whats in those suckers, never just trash them b4 ya know 4 sure whats in them...GL+HH.....cliff.

this skeleton key was totally encrusted and black when I found it. I too almost threw it away. it was probably in the water for over 100 years. I wish I had before and after pics but I didn't have a camera at the time.

Attachments

• 2012-11-20 14.11.42.jpg
    2012-11-20 14.11.42.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 344
I've been meaning to start cracking some of mine open. Funny you post this, I was just thinking about it while detecting today. Most interesting thing I've found in one was a mk 23 bomb.

I've been meaning to start cracking some of mine open. Funny you post this, I was just thinking about it while detecting today. Most interesting thing I've found in one was a mk 23 bomb.

mk 23 zinc or cast iron?? did you find any info about the mk23?? been working a site with a bunch but i still can't find any that aren't broken. any info you found on them would be cool.

this skeleton key was totally encrusted and black when I found it. I too almost threw it away. it was probably in the water for over 100 years. I wish I had before and after pics but I didn't have a camera at the time.

Straight out of a pirate movie...its simply awesome!

cool stuff so far, Iam not doing anything tonite so maybe I can put up pics, hasnt been a good week for me due to 2 migraines and not feeling well, since DF is in shop may plan a hunt sunday with cdv and hes gonna let me borrow a water tector. jonesing for sure. got used to 3-5 hunts but since changing work hours for hollidays looks like just sundays open and maybe sneek a b4 sun-up hunt a few days a week...Good luck and bust those whatsit open.....cliff.

Back
Top Bottom