Satisfying September

MDC

Forum Supporter
I had an outstanding month this September while metal detecting. Managed to find a new spot that produced my first SLQ (dateless) and two days when silver coin finds outnumbered wheat finds three to one. Before I found that spot though I had detected at a pounded, different location and found my very first V Nickel (1893). It is the oldest coin I've dug in the United States. On Friday, September 26th I found the 18k Jesus on a silver chain in dry sand at the beach with the E-Trac (12-08).

In the group picture you see silver items dug in the upper left, new age metals in the upper right, silver coins on the bottom and gold in the middle. These finds were made using all three of my detectors. I found the silver starfish earring, ruby & diamond ring, and valadium class ring with the Dual Field. I found both gold items, all the silver coins, and the silver dinosaur with the E-Trac. Used the Excal II in a freshwater lake to find a couple pieces of the silver and the top right stacked rings, and in the wet sand at the ocean to find all other silver items.

Take care and happy hunting!

Attachments

• September Finds Group Photo.jpg
    September Finds Group Photo.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Jesus in Hand and on a Scale.jpg
    Jesus in Hand and on a Scale.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Macro Ruby & Diamond Silver.JPG
    Macro Ruby & Diamond Silver.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Congrats on a fantastic month! You did VERY good, and I'd be happy with even half that amount. : ) Here's hoping your Oct. is even better.

Awesome finds! Congrats on the gold and the SLQ!

Thanks for your comments. September was a particularly good month for me. Good luck, to everyone reading this (even the lurkers), on your future hunts. :)

Back
Top Bottom