When is the best time to hit the beach?

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
So I'm on vacation, and have been hitting the beach early every morning. I've uncovered enough clad to cover the cost of my batteries ,and have also gotten some great exercise. Frankly though, I was a bit surprised by how little clad, jewelry, etc. I'm finding until this evening when I saw 4 other people hitting the same beach area...that answers a lot of questions. My machine basically keeps me from going into the surf much, so it's an issue of timing. Hoping you have some great advice!

I was at the beach this morning right at about 5:45am no meter maids till 10 am that's when I stopped! Happy hunting

i promise this is the last time..............

when the gals come out..........................

Attachments

• 653362.jpg
    653362.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 480
It sounds like someone is cleaning up in the evenings. Your on vacation so enjoy your self and go late afternoon to beat anyone else there. Go when ever you want unless there is rules against it.
HH BH

Thanks for advice

Appreciated advice. I was out early again today, and found $1.25, and a child's ankle bracelet...not good stuff, but evidence that there are still possibilities out there even though there was another guy detecting as well.

Down here in S. Florida --- free parking from 0300 - 0900, so I try and hit it around that time frame. most of the time i am 0300 until about 0700 on weekends and I am out of there by 5 on a workday.

Down here in S. Florida --- free parking from 0300 - 0900, so I try and hit it around that time frame. most of the time i am 0300 until about 0700 on weekends and I am out of there by 5 on a workday.

If I am hunting water or wet sand I try to be at the beach 2 hours or so before low tide.. So its going out..

I hunt 11 beaches here and all except one are open 24/7 with no charge to park. I always go before low tide but you are using an Ace which will limit you. Your areas are limited to dry sand or the wet sand but shallow. In your case hunt early or late, late being the better IMO. Hunt the area where people set up for the day and the pathways leading to the beach. Have fun and a great vacation!

Where are you vacationing that will have some effect on it because certain places of alot of hunter out at night. Like my beach that I hunt at there are alot of people hunting at night then in the early morning

If im not water hunting im a early morning hunter. Its still crowdy in the evenings. Yes i end up hunting behind someone maybe. The difference is they are swinging FAST and high to cover a lot of ground. They are getting SOME of the large stuff. I keep my coil on the sand because you WILL miss the small stuff if you dont, i drag my scoop so i get good coverage and dont worry about how much beach i hunt as long as i hunt it well. Lastly.... if i have a choice i want to live closer to Aqua than Beerdoodle.... someone needs to hide that picture from him i think im going blind.

Dew

well, not knowing what beach you are on and our is absolutely steaming at 4 or 5pm and that is when you need to be there for dry sand hunts,,,you get the fresh drops and beat both, the night crew and morning crew,,I sometimes hit the water during the afternoon on extremely crowded days and watch the dry sand and as long as it is MD free, as soon as the people leave, I go pound it for an hour or so,,dug a gold necklace this year doing that,,,, GL HH

Great time to hunt is the four-six hours around low tide in full daylight when nobody else is on the beach. Unfortunately that situation never happens!

Lately I find the best time to hunt is whenever I can. Plan on 5am tomorrow so I'll have sunlight and no crowds. Will have to trade low tide for dry sand, but it will be nice to have free range. Whether I can force myself to get out of bed or not....

Back
Top Bottom