Starting School Tomorrow

whitesilver13

Hey everyone, I'm starting school tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous:(. Haven't been detecting for about a week with all this back to school shopping.I'm planning on going back to metal detecting once things start to settle down at school. Can anyone give me some inspiration so I won't be so nervous for tomorrow.By the way I'm going to 11th grade.Thanks::grin:

Well, I'm starting High School on Wednesday and because of a combo of Marching Band and Football today was my first time out in over a month! Good luck in your back to school routine! Trust me, you have 2 more years of this, I have 4 :roll:.

School is fine if you like it, I never did. My Mother always told me "Steve!!! school is the best time of your life, you will miss it after you graduate"!!! Well it has been 31 years (graduated in 1979) and there hasn't been a single day that I have missed it. Matter of fact I get the creeps when the bus stops to pick up my Son. He loves school and that's a good thing, I never tell him that I didn't like it. Times flies by after graduation so make the most out of school while you are there. Steve.

One thing I wish school's would have more teaching that will utilize our right brain more. The creative side. We are taught to use more of our left brain.

I only regret that I didn't get more serious about taking math classes until my junior year, when I started by taking Algebra I. I found I was good at it, and liked it. Had I taken that in my freshman year, maybe I could have had calculus in high school. As it was, my senior year I took Astronomy, Geometry, Algebra II/Trig, and a special class just for me, Computer Science III.

Take advantage of it while you can.

-- Tom

Sounds a lot like me Tom... my last two years in HS I took a new class called Computers in Space, pretty wicked, Computer Programming (C+ and Pascal), Trig, Calculus I and then what they called UCONN (I went to HS in CT) Calculus, only avilable to us overachieving seniors :lol:

School's definitely great, and 11th gread was an awesome year for me as I recall (only 10 years ago). Varsity baseball, a hot girlfriend, working at Pizza Hut... ahh the good ol days :)

Make the memories while you can!

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like me Tom... my last two years in HS I took a new class called Computers in Space, pretty wicked, Computer Programming (C+ and Pascal), Trig, Calculus I and then what they called UCONN (I went to HS in CT) Calculus, only avilable to us overachieving seniors :lol:

School's definitely great, and 11th gread was an awesome year for me as I recall (only 10 years ago). Varsity baseball, a hot girlfriend, working at Pizza Hut... ahh the good ol days :)

Make the memories while you can!

I think I'm older than you. The computer languages I learned in high school were BASIC, FORTRAN, COBOL, and IBM 360 Assembler Language. To do anything but BASIC (which we did with a 110 baud dialup on a teletype), we had to punch our programs onto cards and send them out to Fairfax City to be compiled, run, and returned usually by the next day. Later, we were able to do COBOL on the HP3000 via dialup (by that time, we had increased to 300 baud!), but the punch cards never entirely went away.

I remember writing a program to solve quadratic equations in BASIC, and the test data came out of the Algebra I textbook. Guess what showed up on the pop quiz the next day? I knew the Algebra I teacher had a sense of humor, so in full view, I pulled out the printout and started writing. Of course, she came over and took it, smiling all the time, but they were simple problems anyway... :)

Hey guys, I am actually writting this message from my buissness management class the days been kinda weird.New people old friends.Want to change a class:?:The days not over yet, can't wait till it is and it calms back down, so I could go back to MD'ing(My Love)Haven't hit the library yet ,but I truly dont know why I need to take 8 classes:?:Hopefully all this school stuff will help me in the future.Thanks:)

Don't be nervous! I just started college, and I was really nervous at first. Now, it is nothing. If I can do college, you should be fine going to the 11th grade.

And yes, see if your school has anything on local history. Unfortunately, my high school did not. The college I am attending has a genealogy room that has books, maps, microfilm reels, and much more on my county. I have not had a chance to get to look around yet.

Good luck and I wish you all the best. Make sure you cherish these last 2 years!

Please be sure to tell your friends to drop plenty of gold and silver jewelry as well as their father's grandfather's coin collections in places where they will sink into the ground quickly and that I metal detect frequently.

Besides there's no reason to be nervous! I'm the guy that started a Dungeons & Dragons after school club and just look how I turned out! :D:run1::sweet::tinfoilhat::egyptian::pirate::takeoff::viking:

Once you get there you will meet lots of friends! You will be ok, Good Luck!

Well I'm sure glad school started back...My two boy's went into 2nd & 3rd.....Cost me at least $300 more a month when out of school.....Now comes the homework....I'm 54 and don't remember this stuff........aarrrghhhhhhh

Don't be nervous! I just started college, and I was really nervous at first. Now, it is nothing. If I can do college, you should be fine going to the 11th grade.

And yes, see if your school has anything on local history. Unfortunately, my high school did not. The college I am attending has a genealogy room that has books, maps, microfilm reels, and much more on my county. I have not had a chance to get to look around yet.

Good luck and I wish you all the best. Make sure you cherish these last 2 years!

Please be sure to tell your friends to drop plenty of gold and silver jewelry as well as their father's grandfather's coin collections in places where they will sink into the ground quickly and that I metal detect frequently.

Besides there's no reason to be nervous! I'm the guy that started a Dungeons & Dragons after school club and just look how I turned out! :D:run1::sweet::tinfoilhat::egyptian::pirate::takeoff::viking:

Speaking of coins I found a quarter when walking to the bus stop:Dwasn't a silver ,but just reminded me of my MD:roll:

My school today had to be the worst day I've had in all my years hopefully I get a schedule change because my classes are just weird right now:(, but I have great news I'm taking a criminal justice class and I will be learning things that police can and can't do:lol:

Back
Top Bottom