Small finds from a few nights...

zeemang

Forum Supporter
I recently got my sea hunter ii and i've been trying to get as such time on it as i can. It seems like it will be great for the water hunts, it hits EVERY piece of iron in the wet sand down to maybe 18 inches, i know i know, it's supposed to.....
It seems to do the job, but i'm not always happy digging iron so..i decided to take the ace back out and hunt the beach right down to the water as usual. I've got to say, i prefer the ace on the wet sand. It's lighter, you only have to listen for the bells, and has a good disc so i'm not digging iron all night.
Here are a few pics of my meager finds from the past few nights....that silver ring is huge, so i'm happy with that! Earring is fake...
I was actually hoping that this storm would come over me in the next 24 hours, but it looks like it's crossing the peninsula a little lower than i hoped for...
Is there really no waterproof machine that has good disc and will hit the deep ones in wet salty sand?

Attachments

• DSCF0915.jpg
    DSCF0915.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF0918.jpg
    DSCF0918.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 278
Sounds like what you would like is a minelab sovereign or Excalibur. I have used the sovereign and it is smooth as butter in the wet or dry.
Nice hunt.
Congrats.
By the way listen for the extended or double signal that iron gives and that will save you some time.

Use the ace on dry....the PiratePro on wet "deeper then the ace" and use the seahunter on water "deeper then the PiratePro"! :yes: WTG

Funny, fewer pull tabs than usual....I also didn't include in the pics the BIG pile of old screws and nails...
I've thought about the sovereign GT, BBS technology sounds nice for disc and depth. Everyone who has one raves about them...
I've considered the xterra 705 as an upgrade from the ace, plus like the backlit screen for night hunting, wondering about stability in the salty wet sand...
Even considered an e track, but i'd be so afraid it would get wet....
Unfortunately none of these would take a splash very well....
All input welcome, i'm going to have to go to the US and test drive a few of these sometime, it's cheaper for me to fly to miami and buy one there than to ship one here!

If you are serious about hunting dry sand, wet sand, and in the water, get a Minelab Excalibur II - you can discriminate the iron out and once you learn the tones - you won't dig much trash.

Back
Top Bottom