1860's wedding ring...

Well, it's been a couple years that this string has been "adrift", now, and we never did find a living decendant. Actually, we found out that the owner never made any... so his ring has turned into one of my favorite displays in our cabinet.
We sold a lot of other gold rings that we found before & after this one... even got a pellet stove with the money we got for some... but this ring will never be sold. ;)
Happy ending, I guess... for the most part.

You know, the good karma should be flowing your way after all that work in an extensive search. I would find it very rewarding during every second of research.

Good job.

What part of Florida did he move to? Sometimes local library's will have historical information which is not available online. Maybe someone from the forum can help if they live in the area he moved to? Good luck!

Very cool ring and story...

He probably didn't have any kids because his wife was pissed he lost his wedding ring, she kicked him out and he moved to Florida... LOL :)

it would be nice if you can display the ring at a local historical society or something like that

I let my town historical society borrow a 1787 MA cent and an 1818 large cent i found in town, they were much appreciated

This was one of the most interesting stories that I have read on here.Deep down in my opinion the ring is in it's rightful place.The time you took to find him was incredible.I hope you never have to sell it because of the great story behind it.Once again nice job I am sure the research and story was even more fun then finding it....well almost:lol:

It's all about the hunt. Now youre on the hunt for the rightful aires. Hope you find them. Keep us posted.

Ring

Just hope it’s someone that would really appreciate it after all the work finding them, and not go pawn it right away for drugs...:no:

Back
Top Bottom