Chinese detectors?

Nope, I would never buy one and give up the hobby if I had to.

and yes, Im sure some of the components are made there.

and on another note.............

Three places I wouldn`t be caught dead in:

WalMart
Harbor Freight
McDonalds

Wouldnt be caught in harbor freight? Im sorry man!, You are really missing out on some great stuff. Ive had nothing but good luck with harbor freight stuff.

Wouldnt be caught in harbor freight? Im sorry man!, You are really missing out on some great stuff. Ive had nothing but good luck with harbor freight stuff.

I agree. We built a go-kart for a friend's kid and needed a motor. They have a great $99 gas engine that works great. Can't beat it for the price. The kid'll get tired of the kart before the motor wears out. :yes:

Chinese products

Absolutely nothing of good quality comes out of China !

I think there are a number of people on here that have good luck with Harbor Freight tumblers for their dirty clad . Also aren't almost all cell phones now mostly made either from Chinese parts or entirely made in China.:laughing:

Absolutely nothing of good quality comes out of China !

I make cf shafts that are the best in the world. Handmade to exact specifications. Did I mention I'm obsessed with perfection? To say everything from China is junk is a false blanket statement.
Also one has to understand the economics and various factors for lower quality. The product is sold under a chinese brand or an American? American brands made in China or overseen every step of the manufacturing process by various blue/white collar workers from America

China just landed the Chang'e-4 probe on the dark side of the Moon. They didn't get there wearin a scuba tank and ridin a bottle rocket. (just sayin)

Last edited:
It used to be China=Junk Quality. Remember back when the same was true for Japanese goods? (1960s).

The last 5-10 years have seen them really improve on many products.

BUT- It depends on the item.

It used to be China=Junk Quality. Remember back when the same was true for Japanese goods? (1960s).

The last 5-10 years have seen them really improve on many products.

BUT- It depends on the item.

That's true Glasshopper same thing at Harbor Freight. You have to know what you're buying, Would you rather buy one wrench from the Snap On Truck for a hunnerd bucks or a whole set for 35 dollars at HF that will last just as long?

Not true for everything but...makes sense for some stuff.

That's true Glasshopper same thing at Harbor Freight. You have to know what you're buying, Would you rather buy one wrench from the Snap On Truck for a hunnerd bucks or a whole set for 35 dollars at HF that will last just as long?

Not true for everything but...makes sense for some stuff.

There is not a chance in hell that any wrench sold at HF will outlast a snap on or any other name brand wrench, Craftman, Matco, SF, etc....
Everything sold at harbor freight is pure junk, Everyone knows Its the Pic and Save of tool stores.
I wish Americans would pull their heads out of their asses and get back to the Values we had before WW2. Everytime you buy something made in china you are shooting yourself in the foot.

There is not a chance in hell that any wrench sold at HF will outlast a snap on or any other name brand wrench, Craftman, Matco, SF, etc....
Everything sold at harbor freight is pure junk, Everyone knows Its the Pic and Save of tool stores.
I wish Americans would pull their heads out of their asses and get back to the Values we had before WW2. Everytime you buy something made in china you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Harbor Freight, Princess Auto and similar stores that sell discounted Chinese and other foreign products. They are excellent places to shop for the average person that needs some tools or can't afford high priced mechanics tools.

Actually quality is pretty good, these days. In the past just as good. Did you know, HF power tools were made at the same company that produced them for Delta, Grizzley etc., they just tacked a different name plate on it.

HF tor. wrench for $100 actually out performed the $400 Snap On one

Hmm, think I detect a little cabin fever settin in?? sun's peekin through and temps above freezing. Reckon I'll get out today and try to get back on track:grin:

Many Craftsman tools are now made in China, so just because it says Craftsman, you still need to check.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181081

All my Craftman hand tools are made in the USA.

Everytime I buy anything I check to see where its made.

I was scratching my head when I found out the Minelab Equinox is made by a US company (Plexus Corp) in Malaysia, Outsourced by Minelab/Codan

Back to the topic.
Why buy a chinese made detector when the market is full of inexpensive and well made detectors that come from established companies that have been around a long time?

Last edited:
All my Craftman hand tools are made in the USA.

Everytime I buy anything I check to see where its made.

I was scratching my head when I found out the Minelab Equinox is made by a US company (Plexus Corp) in Malaysia, Outsourced by Minelab/Codan

Craftsman used to be made mostly in the USA, but they moved most production to China and Taiwan in 2010. For over a year none of the Craftsman brand products are made in the USA. The Craftsman brand is owned by Stanley Black & Decker.

Up until a year or so ago there were some "Sears Industrial" branded tools made in the USA but that all fell apart when Sears couldn't pay for them and later filed for bankruptcy. A much leaner Sears is supposed to emerge from bankruptcy some time in the future, but most of their supply chain is broken from non-payment and they're not likely to take a chance on any future Sears.

From what I read about the bankruptcy Sears shed themselves of any warranty on Craftsman products. Stanley Black & Decker says they will honor some warranties but getting that coverage will probably exceed the cost of the item.

Sears was sued maybe 15 years ago for falsely claiming Craftsman tools were made in the USA, but it's still sad to see another traditional American brand fall.

-Joe

You got that right, I figure if you have to concoct a recipe to make them taste like something else? you done picked the wrong meat source:wow::wow:

Cooking in general, yes?

So what did the 'seagull' taste like? - Muttonbirds are good

Makes you think how many Chinese would turn their nose up at 'Poutine':roll:

Gimme a yell when you want to throw out your Asian made Nox - lol

Seriously, you might want to give these products and places a miss as well
http://www.jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm

Before you go into business selling detectors take a long hard look at where and how warranty work will be handled. Will you have to be the one repairing those machines or is there someone in your country that does the repairs. Will you be responsible to ship the detector back to China and Hope that it gets repaired and returned in working order?

Gimme a yell when you want to throw out your Asian made Nox - lol

Seriously, you might want to give these products and places a miss as well
http://www.jiesworld.com/international_corporations_in_china.htm

The Nox is made in Malaysia, Not china, Two completely different countries.
I avoid buying as many things as I can made in china. I am not a communist and never will be. If there is an alternative I will usually go with it. That list means nothing and is not new.

Back
Top Bottom