Sister's In Law, This My Personal Probem?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
My brother, Mike just went through a trama back in Arkansas with "something" that caused him to go to the ER with a fever over 104. That was nearly 2 weeks ago, he has had a gallbladder removed since, yet the main treatment now was some tick disease after the fact.

To the point though...I am stuck in la-la-land at the mercy of his wife for conversation s with my brother. In the whole time since all this started I have only talked directly with my own brother one time because it "wasn't a good time or he was sleeping at 10am" even after getting home again from his really serious perils.

Sooooo, I texted late last night to ask "What is Mike's days like these days?" Was that a deplorable question after 11PM?

I got a capital letter-texted reply right at noon today saying in capital letters to "NEVER EVER" text at that time of night. Don't y'all turn your cells to silent if you dont want to be disturbed?

I only talked with my brother that one time this began. I called his best buddy at the ER. Just got this reply from Sis-In-Law...FU.

Where do I go from here? Not really a direct communication to my brother possible IMO. It's all filtered.

My brother, Mike just went through a trama back in Arkansas with "something" that caused him to go to the ER with a fever over 104. That was nearly 2 weeks ago, he has had a gallbladder removed since, yet the main treatment now was some tick disease after the fact.

To the point though...I am stuck in la-la-land at the mercy of his wife for conversation s with my brother. In the whole time since all this started I have only talked directly withy my brother because it wasn't a good time or he was sleeping at 10am after getting home again from his really serious perils.

Sooooo, I texted late last night to ask "What is Mike's days like these days?" Was that a deplorable question after 11PM?

I got a capital letter-texted reply right at noon today saying in capital letters to "NEVER EVER" text at that time of night. Don't y'all turn your cells to silent if you dont want to be disturbed?

I only talked with my brother that one time when I called his best buddy at the ER. Just got this reply from Sis-In-Law...FU

Where do I go from here? Not really a direct communication to my brother. It's ann filtered.

I guess hire somebody to video tape the next family reunion. Has to be a good resale market for that. But on the serious side tell your sister-in-law "No Thanks" Don't make the mistake your brother made. :D

To the point though...I am stuck in la-la-land at the mercy of his wife for conversation s with my brother. In the whole time since all this started I have only talked directly withy my brother because it wasn't a good time or he was sleeping at 10am after getting home again from his really serious perils.

I only talked with my brother that one time when I called his best buddy at the ER. Just got this reply from Sis-In-Law...FU

Where do I go from here? Not really a direct communication to my brother. It's ann filtered.

This is a tuff one because I don't know your situation and everyones is different. Id be heated and let her have it but I also know that isn't the correct thing to do as it would only make things worse. Id call her at some point and tell her that you only texted because you care and wish to know. Than id ask her what have I done for you to get so upset at the fact texting family at anytime was worth a capital letter text back.

Than id turn the tables and ask her if she had a concern on her family side of a member would she text at that time? Even if she says no to that, you know darn straight she probably would

If you really care about your brother, and don't care what anyone else thinks, and want to cut out all of the ongoing electronic drama, just go see him. Either take time off work, or take next weekend and go.
People generally behave much differently in person than they do remotely.

If you really care about your brother, and don't care what anyone else thinks, and want to cut out all of the ongoing electronic drama, just go see him. Either take time off work, or take next weekend and go.

Glad you didn't suggest flowers for the Mrs.

Its my brother's house, 4 hours away and TOTALLY open for my visits....now I get F-you for simply question to the married wife. How do I just drive to visit?

My dear ol' dad had troubles with this woman 30yrs ago. Means something

you have been brothers longer than they have been married-- so go see him, or get someone else to hand him a phone so you can speak...

Go to his HOUSE and see what the deal is!

If she wont let you talk to him, call the police and do a wellness check up. :cool::cool::cool:

This sounds FISHY to me....

Its my brother's house, 4 hours away and TOTALLY open for my visits....now I get F-you for simply question to the married wife. How do I just drive to visit?

My dear ol' dad had troubles with this woman 30yrs ago. Means something

Blood is thicker than water. Just ignore anything she says and go see your brother.

Yep , I'd be making a trip , the sister in law don't mean !!!! to me over family , when I got there , she , without a doubt would know that . That's just me tho . Good luck , and hope all is well .

Road-trip without a second thought.
:agreed: Four hours on the road is nothing. I once drove 16 hours each way for a whole lot less than that.

One of my sisters in-law is a royal pain in the ass. Nobody in my family has been to their house in about 13 years now, not even her own parents. Last time there it looked like an audition for the "Hoarders" show. Total PITA people.

Road trip......today.

Road trip for sure. First even though she is being a naughty word give her a call or send a text, but you need to apologize for the late text. I do understand your concern, but that's not the right time if he was already home. There are only 2 people I would accept a call or text from that late and neither are in-laws. Be the bigger person bite the bullet kiss a little butt and no matter what answer you get drive over and see for yourself.

I think Martin said that he texted late but he had no problem with them answering his text the next day. I don't know if I would be so quick to jump in the car for a 4 hour trip. I would try to talk to him again first before that.

Driving there and putting up with the BS might be the best option though. Getting a feel of the situation from his brother sure would be helpful. He could also ask the local police to check on him if he thought he was being denied. I'm thinking that would go over good with the brother's Mrs.:roll:

Whats the difference between a inlaw and a outlaw? Outlaw is wanted:lol:

Go see him and ignore her!

Sister IN-LAW... tell her to jump off a bridge. Try and keep me from my family if you aren't blood there just may be

brother to brother

Go see your brother if you don't do anything but walk in and say love you and leave. Tell her that's all you want to do when you get there. Don't wait. Me and my brother has ups and downs but I love you is always the last thing we say to eachother. We lost our dad and we changed.

Don't give up. Call at 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm daily. Till you get to him.

If that doesn't work after a couple days, gas up the car and go.

The well check mentioned above isn't a half bad idea honestly either.

If the SIL is having a hard time with all this, and not handling it well, could be why she doesn't want to bother with getting back to you. Don't txt late though. Not everyone turns their phone on dnd.

Don't give up. 2 days. Go see your bro. Bring more family with you if you got 'em, there's power in numbers and you'll have a witness or two if you need one.

Best of luck, and hope your bro gets better soon!

Back
Top Bottom