• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Flooded basement

dingodog

Nasty storm came through about 3 weeks ago, had 4" of water, drug out carpet and rugs. Started looking around at all the junk that has piled up for the last 25 years, finally said, this has gotta go, 2 weeks in and I am still dragging junk out. Amazing what you can accumulate in 25 years:no:

This gets even better, My wife and I were looking through some stuff tonight, saw a dusty box, opened it and saw a Santa suit, we looked at each other and said where did this come from? No idea!

My parents and inlaws were packrats. I vowed years ago that there was no way I would ever live like that. To this day I keep very little and don't get emotionally attached to any object. Its all just junk and background noise.

When in doubt, throw it out. If I haven't used it in a few years, throw it out.

That stinks you got flooded, and a ton of work to get right again.
Yes, it is unreal how much junk we accumulate. I am trying to go through and fill up an extra garbage bag per month as a habit, just to help with that situation...

In the past I went through some hard times and lost about everything that I owned. it makes it hard now to throw anything away knowing that I might never have it again.

Back
Top Bottom