• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab ctx 3030

Bill1

Anyone using the minelab ctx 3030 with no discrimination? If you are, how do you like it and how are you doing with it?

Most of the time I use no discrim other than a tiny block in the lower right corner that's only covering right around 35-50. I hear everything else. My secondary program uses no discrimination on 95% of the screen, only allowing discrimination on the 34-35 ferrous lines.

I like hearing (almost) everything and usually return to that (lack of) discrimination pretty quickly if I ever stray from it.

If I remember my CTX correctly I thought the customizing of the tone bins was so great that discrimination really was not needed.

Most of the time I use no discrim other than a tiny block in the lower right corner that's only covering right around 35-50. I hear everything else. My secondary program uses no discrimination on 95% of the screen, only allowing discrimination on the 34-35 ferrous lines.

I like hearing (almost) everything and usually return to that (lack of) discrimination pretty quickly if I ever stray from it.

And how have your results been?

If I remember my CTX correctly I thought the customizing of the tone bins was so great that discrimination really was not needed.

Good to hear, I will be trying it wide open to see hie I do. Just trying to get ideas of different ways to use it.

Had mine 3 years, done OK. Wide open with disc set to accept zinc and above most of the time, but I have really been hunting only high conductors.
If you would’ve told me before I got it that I would’ve found what I’ve found, knowing my sites with the Whites IDXPro....I would’ve said you’re nuts, I hunt public places only. I’m not saying your success will be what mine has been, but this is just an example of what CAN and HAS happened. Never been in the water...

Attachments

• 3BE6B272-FC7E-4496-B628-4C39DE8A8B33.jpg
    3BE6B272-FC7E-4496-B628-4C39DE8A8B33.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 316
Back
Top Bottom