AT Pro vs AT Max

Culbles

Been using the AT Pro for many years now and I have good luck with it and it performs well. Looking for a new detector for backup and tired of changing coils. Don't really want to "learn" a new detector so:
Can someone tell me the difference in the Pro and Max? Looking at Garretts guide I do not see a real difference (frequency).

Been using the AT Pro for many years now and I have good luck with it and it performs well. Looking for a new detector for backup and tired of changing coils. Don't really want to "learn" a new detector so:
Can someone tell me the difference in the Pro and Max? Looking at Garretts guide I do not see a real difference (frequency).

In a few words as possible, the AT MAX has the deepest true all metal mode of the AT Series and the deepest discriminate mode of the three. The AT Pro has the best ID capabilities, the AT MAX due to the higher gain, sometimes gets a bit chatty with higher sensitivity, a price to pay for more depth. So....you gain something (depth) and lose something (chattiness).

Some people believe the "deepest" detector is the best, others believe depth should not be the deciding factor for picking a detector. So, depending on your targets depth and type in your hunting areas and soil types, you should pick the one that fits your needs.

All the AT Series share the same coils. Garrett coils are reasonably priced. If you choose to purchase an after market coil, make sure the type will indeed work with the Pro, Gold or Max. Some will not work on the MAX.

Below is a chart showing the differences between the AT Series, including the need to have and the nice to have.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• garrett-at-pro-gold-max-specification-comparison-chart.thumb.jpg.4a3ebe3cf116d3360fd6fd0fca2d54e.jpg
    garrett-at-pro-gold-max-specification-comparison-chart.thumb.jpg.4a3ebe3cf116d3360fd6fd0fca2d54e.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 481

I own a few machines an at pro , nox and others..i borrowed my buddies at max and what i figured out was its a atgold or pro with a dif frequency and the gain turned up...in my opinion..dont bother with a max..go with even a eq 600..its a far better machine...esp if u do salt now and again..the at series is a gold misser in alot of salt beaches...unless you turn down the sensitivity..cuz in some salt water those gatrets can give solid mid tones ..whether gold or a pull tab under the coil or not...the 600 is pretty much a turn on and go if you choose too..but after a lilmtime with it..its nice to turn down the volume of the iron...without completely disc ing it out..garrets ar old tech already

Back
Top Bottom