excal repaired!

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Well, I managed to find a NEW 8 inch tornado coil from amazon, got it delivered and did the coil transplant myself. I went the OBN method and opened the pod, removed the boards, de soldered, re-soldered and sealed (the old crack, fizz fizz pop method :lol::lol::lol:) Honestly the hardest part was getting the shrink wrap off the pod ends.
Had it out in the water today and it worked like a charm, nice steady threshold. I am VERY happy i was able to get the old girl singing her tune again on the cheap!

WTG ZEeeeeee!! You will be doing Minelab repairs south of the border soon!!

:dingding: Now that is something to be proud of!

That's awesome Z! I haven't had to YET, but I think when I go to changing a coil I will try it myself also,,,,,,,I just bet you found five rings also and just don't want to show us the pictures,,,,,,,:laughing:I miss your posts,,,,,GL HH

Tim buddy......... anytime you need help tearing up one of your machines let me know..... i THINK i can put it back together.:laughing: Might be in trouble if you hear me go...... oooops extra parts.

Dew

Tim buddy......... anytime you need help tearing up one of your machines let me know..... i THINK i can put it back together.:laughing: Might be in trouble if you hear me go...... oooops extra parts.

Dew

At IBM school getting certified on all their laptops we learned of bush screws.

After you repair a laptop on site, you throw the leftover screws in the bushes.

At IBM school getting certified on all their laptops we learned of bush screws.

After you repair a laptop on site, you throw the leftover screws in the bushes.

the repairman for our large format printers most have went to the same class. I asked why we had extra screws when he was finished. His comment the factory puts to many screws in the machine these aren't needed

he must have been right the machines are still running :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom