• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

5" Sharp or Snake coil for high trash areas?

ozarkhunter

I primarily hunt schools and parks for clad. I get into very high trash areas where tones/VDI numbers change with the slightest movement of the coil. I am thinking about trying a different coil on my Fisher F44, which will accept coils for the Teknetics Greek series. The 2 coils I am considering are the NEL Sharp and the NEL Snake.

Any input from folks who have used either of these would be greatly appreciated. Any input on alternate coils would be welcome.

THANKS!

Well, from all the input (sarcasm), I went with the Snake coil. I tried it last night in my front yard for about 15 minutes before the sun went down and came up with a clad quarter, a copper memorial penny and a 1951 wheat penny.

After running the 11" teardrop coil that comes stock, this Snake is TINY! It definitely makes me slow down. I won't cover as much ground in the same amount of time, but hopefully will produce more valuable finds.

Well, from all the input (sarcasm), I went with the Snake coil. I tried it last night in my front yard for about 15 minutes before the sun went down and came up with a clad quarter, a copper memorial penny and a 1951 wheat penny.

After running the 11" teardrop coil that comes stock, this Snake is TINY! It definitely makes me slow down. I won't cover as much ground in the same amount of time, but hopefully will produce more valuable finds.

I'm thinking about the Snake or Sharp for my F44 as well, any updates?

I've never used a snake but I've hunted next to one and they are tiny! They can get pretty deep for a small coil too. I've always used detech coils but always wanted to try the NEL's. Good luck and happy hunting!

I'm considering the NEL snake could for my T2. What kind of depth are you getting with it?

Back
Top Bottom