• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Great day in the projects

wayne_etc

Not many threads start like that. Anyway...

You may have read Bone's story of our hunt in the old vacated 'hood today. Lemme tell you it was the best hunt I've been on in quite a while. Even without the goodies it was cool hunting with Bones, ISS, Charlie, and good ole Ray.

Early in the hunt I was casually swinging the Explorer, kinda looking around, checking out our surroundings when I get a nice quick high tone. I glance down and here's what I see...

half1.jpg

I called the fellas over and we couldn't believe it. I plucked it out of the ground. '67 Kennedy. 40% of the shiny stuff and believe me I'll take it. Not only that, but it's the first half I've ever found detecting. Ever. I hope I don't have to wait another 8 years to find another one.

Here he is cleaned up...

half2.jpg

After that I assisted in the great wheat harvest. I didn't do as well as Rick and Ray but I did come home with 4 wheaties. And 4 keys. Not sure why folks are losing their keys around there. Also a big fist full of clad.

All in all it was a great hunt. I tried out my new Compadre for about 10 minutes and then returned to the Explorer. Not sure about it but I guess I need to give it some more time.

Thanks for looking and HH.

w

That half is just awesome. Everyone had a great day. Yours was just the best. Well have to hunt there again sometime.

WOW, just laying on the ground waiting for you to pick it up. No stress, no mess. Congrats on the big silver.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

That half got everyone going, it is in very good shape, great find. With the help from everyone I think I past my best marble day by about 20 marbles (26 today). Great meeting you today.

Rob

I've got projects all around me. I should start hitting them up...armed of course:yes:

Back
Top Bottom