Hi, Sacramento California

Yourgaelness

I'm new. A virgin to metal detecting. Well, I went detecting with my grandfather about 45 years ago. I've entertained the thought of getting my own MD several times a year ever since.

I have the bug again and have been researching online for a MD. At this time I'm considering the Garrett 300, a kit that comes with the PP2.

But I've got a long history of bad purchases so I figured I'd try to go out detecting with a group and see different ones in action, to help me decide. Also,the idea of group hunts appeals to me. So here I am.

I have nothing at this time, and I'm looking for direction.

I'm a 55 year old female. I used to go to Burning Man (11 times) so getting dirty in the mud doesn't bother me. I don't know what else to add here. I'm retired. Worked in the psychiatric field for 33 years, 17 years in the prison system. I'm SO done.

OK, that's me. thanks for stopping by
Gael

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

You can get good advice here on the forum on specific models as you're likely to find someone on the forum who has used that model, also check youtube for videos on any particular model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

welcome from Chico, Ca, this is a great hobby, and a lot of knowledgeable
people here to help answer any questions.
jeff

Hi Gael Welcome from Southern Oregon !!

and since you are new here and new to the sport don't fall for Tom from Ca's
line about you owing 30% of your finds to him :laughing:

You could probably spend another 33 years psychoanalyzing him alone :laughing:

Good Luck.. Happy Hunting and can't wait to see Pic's of your finds and the stories that go with them !!

Hi Gael, I live in midtown Sacramento. You stumbled onto a great forum here, with lost of good info and helpful members. Be sure to post pics of your finds.

Welcome to the forum.

I only know one psychiatrist joke.

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the light bulb really has to want to change.

i do know they just discovered the gene for shyness recently. They claim they would have found it earlier but it was hiding behind a couple of other genes.

Hope you enjoy this site and the knowledge it can help you with.

Garrett At Pro. You won't regret it.

Use the headphones and get a digger and pin pointer and you are set.

Happy hunting, and good luck
Mike

Back
Top Bottom