Equinox Headphones And 6" Coil

If you use a very large search coil, your chances of recovering small gold diminish, especially at tourist beaches.
http://hardcoretreasurehunting.blogspot.com/2016/03/small-gold-question.html ..
That is only half of Drayton's statement. If you buy his CTX beach hunting book, the second half of that sentence says something like "....unless it is tuned properly. I use this setting to find small gold..." and then he discusses how to tune the CTX. I bought the books, used his settings and my finds rates went up considerably. In fact, the first outing with the changed settings scored me a diamond stud earing. The 17" coil is a beast, but like any equipment, requires the right settings and swing technique.

the CTX 17" coil seems to pick up just as small items as the stock coil.
Agreed.

Why would you want a bigger coil? Large coils tend to miss smaller gold objects and in your case small diamond rings that you would be searching for in the wet...

Cfmct, In the case of the Nox 800 : Go figure, with the stock 11" coil, a person CAN ALREADY set it up to get insanely small things. Eg.: teensy specks no bigger than the tip of a pencil lead. Ie.: micro-jewelry (earing stud type things).

So by going to an even larger coil: Granted, he would (for sake of argument) decrease that ability for tteeennsssyyy things like that. So let's say that instead of tip-of-pencil lead-tip sized items, he is now at grain-of-rice sized items. In my mind's eyes: The depth gain is well worth it.

With all-due-respect for pin-head sized objects, I'd rather get an extra inch or so of depth on coin and ring sized objects.

Consider for a moment that the CZ, the Excal, the Exp. II, etc... Can not even pick up pinhead and grain-of-rice sized objects FROM THE GIT-GO . So when you have a machine like the nox that picks them up just fine (without loosing ability in normal coin & ring type stuff), then it seems to me that any compromise in the micro-department, when going to a larger coil, is STILL going to leave you at an advantage over the normal beach hunting discriminator machines. Hence, the added depth is where I'd prefer.

A lots going to depend on iron, targets, an minerals..... just how much you have to sort thru.

Toms right the Nox... will pick up tiny micro jewelry(high conductiors).... but NOT micro gold....so kind of dont matter if you use a large coil. It is more sensitive than the Xcal and CTX to small gold thou. Its pretty impressive how it can get a few inches more on gold .... yes i said inches. But im going to add.... air testing and here in Fl. Tom might also be right...... about giving up some tiny stuff that falls thru the scoop for some larger deeper gold. I hear a good many say they wont dig that anyway. But like i said ..... this is a very sensitive machine....... how far will you be required to reduce its sensitivity.... then what affect will that have on targets and depth? To me.... coverage and how fast you can operate this machine might gain you a lot of targets by covering a lot more beach too.

A lots going to depend on iron, targets, an minerals..... just how much you have to sort thru.

Toms right the Nox... will pick up tiny micro jewelry(high conductiors).... but NOT micro gold....so kind of dont matter if you use a large coil. It is more sensitive than the Xcal and CTX to small gold thou. Its pretty impressive how it can get a few inches more on gold .... yes i said inches. But im going to add.... air testing and here in Fl. Tom might also be right...... about giving up some tiny stuff that falls thru the scoop for some larger deeper gold. I hear a good many say they wont dig that anyway. But like i said ..... this is a very sensitive machine....... how far will you be required to reduce its sensitivity.... then what affect will that have on targets and depth? To me.... coverage and how fast you can operate this machine might gain you a lot of targets by covering a lot more beach too.

Good post Dewcon.

In my limited testing and air tests, I noticed that for a nickel type/beaver-tail type object, that was fashioned out of a cut piece of aluminum can, made to be the exact size of a USA dime : That it picked up the aluminum object deeper than a dime. EVEN THOUGH BOTH WERE PHYSICALLY THE SAME SIZE OBJECT. Contrast to my Explorer II, on the same air test, which seems to slightly favor the dime, when it came to depth and/or boldness of signal, on the fringe edge of detection range. Showing that the Explorer is slightly favoring high conductors. While the nox is slightly favoring mids & lows.

But it's only very slight. And assumes fringes of depths. Still though, all things being equal, if a person has a day where he's chasing deep targets, then theoretically, you'd have slightly higher ratios of mids and low. Versus if you'd used conventional discriminating beach machines.

The same phenomenon occurred in pulse vs discriminators: The discriminators picked up a dime deeper than a nickel. EVEN THOUGH the dime is the physically smaller target, when compared to a nickel . And this was even MORE pronounced on the old school XLT, 6000 D, etc... So that, by the end of the day, all-other-things-being equal : The pulse guys had a higher ratio of nickels. (Albeit with the downside of no way to pass nails).

The real-world effect of this might be a slightly higher jewelry count. But this assumes a lot of contingencies. Nonetheless, an interesting observation.

Cfmct, In the case of the Nox 800 : Go figure, with the stock 11" coil, a person CAN ALREADY set it up to get insanely small things. Eg.: teensy specks no bigger than the tip of a pencil lead. Ie.: micro-jewelry (earing stud type things).

So by going to an even larger coil: Granted, he would (for sake of argument) decrease that ability for tteeennsssyyy things like that. So let's say that instead of tip-of-pencil lead-tip sized items, he is now at grain-of-rice sized items. In my mind's eyes: The depth gain is well worth it.

With all-due-respect for pin-head sized objects, I'd rather get an extra inch or so of depth on coin and ring sized objects.

Consider for a moment that the CZ, the Excal, the Exp. II, etc... Can not even pick up pinhead and grain-of-rice sized objects FROM THE GIT-GO . So when you have a machine like the nox that picks them up just fine (without loosing ability in normal coin & ring type stuff), then it seems to me that any compromise in the micro-department, when going to a larger coil, is STILL going to leave you at an advantage over the normal beach hunting discriminator machines. Hence, the added depth is where I'd prefer.

Tom... I really don't care what anyone uses at the beach... I will not stop using my Excalibur for some new machine that loves bottlecaps and foil... with the Excal I can leave them for those who ODed on the koolaid :lol:

That is only half of Drayton's statement. If you buy his CTX beach hunting book, the second half of that sentence says something like "....unless it is tuned properly. I use this setting to find small gold..." and then he discusses how to tune the CTX. I bought the books, used his settings and my finds rates went up considerably. In fact, the first outing with the changed settings scored me a diamond stud earing. The 17" coil is a beast, but like any equipment, requires the right settings and swing technique.

Agreed.

I used to run a WOT and I couldn't stand it... certain individuals have to have all the latest gadgets but in the end its the hunter not the equipment...

;)

Can someone post a pic or two of where the HP's connect into the machine and where the charging port is? How long does it hold a full charge out of curiosity?

here is a few

Cp connections or buy a multi port 2.4 , on the module and the machine attaches to the back side , magnetic , happy hunting, Earl

Attachments

• P1000949.JPG
    P1000949.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1000950.JPG
    P1000950.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 111
Cfm-ct

Craig , we all know your getting a 800, so why do you still pluck at new technology, everyone here still hunt's with Excalibur's , but elect's to try something new, at half the price, some time's your OLD SCHOOL way's drives me nut's , we all know your the boss , but we all know you change up detector's, scoop's , we also know you are the last of the Mahican to do so :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , maybe your wife can get you a few Columbia Cigar's , sit back and watch, instead of letting the Nox beat you up, before you get it :hornetsnest: , give Captain Silver one of those cigar's to :roll::laughing:, before he join's you , :p, happy hunting , Earl

Aquaman No Problem

The 800 like i said will be great in the shallow, occasional dunk, wet , dry sand machine, for snorkeling , or diving, in my opinion i would stick to hardwired , non id screen machine's, it is not built like a tank, and don't think it will take current, with the machines build characteristic's, if you decide to get one, i would consider the use , as i stated , however i could be wrong, i am sure Scuba will put it through the test, when he get's his phone's from Tony, happy hunting Earl PS i just took another pick for you, the back of the machine were the power magnetic tab attaches .

Attachments

• P1000971.JPG
    P1000971.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
That's cool new tech.
So that magnetic charging surface is totally exposed to the elements yet waterproof? There's no known quick charger for the Nox yet correct? The basic 800 package includes a standard pair of HP's? If I were hunting in the shorebreak, took a tumble and the HP's got knocked off my head and took a swim...game over?

Its gonna be the same as the CTX coil which is the size of a hockey puck. May work good at your beaches? Used the ctx one beach hunting and don't think it ever paid for the shipping cost of the coil:laughing:

I agree Larry. I owned the 6" and I'm sure its a good coil but not for these beaches on the Treasure coast. I sold mine. A dirt digger was happy to take it off my hands. I didn't even say good bye.:D

Depth means noting if you aren't going to be able to see small diamond rings... don't believe me? Here:

If you use a very large search coil, your chances of recovering small gold diminish, especially at tourist beaches.

http://hardcoretreasurehunting.blogspot.com/2016/03/small-gold-question.html

I know what I am talking about Earl...

I think the Equinox will be a different machine. So I think the 15 coil will still pick up the small gold. This machine is using different Fqz from what the CTX or the Explorer are using.

Agreed.
I hunt all the time with 15" coils and have no problem hitting small gold. I found a .04 of a gram baby's gold ring 10 inches down at a salt beach with 15 inch coil and it hit it hard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Craig , we all know your getting a 800, so why do you still pluck at new technology, everyone here still hunt's with Excalibur's , but elect's to try something new, at half the price, some time's your OLD SCHOOL way's drives me nut's , we all know your the boss , but we all know you change up detector's, scoop's , we also know you are the last of the Mahican to do so :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , maybe your wife can get you a few Columbia Cigar's , sit back and watch, instead of letting the Nox beat you up, before you get it :hornetsnest: , give Captain Silver one of those cigar's to :roll::laughing:, before he join's you , :p, happy hunting , Earl

Because I share my opinions and if someone doesn't like what I say then ignore it... the new detector will not be used at the beach... it doesn't interest me there... it will be for hunting the private properties I have hammed with my MXT which will still be my go to land machine.

I have not swallowed the tainted koolaid many have :D

Laugh all you want Earl... my detectors and scoops get used and aren't all pristine like yours :lol: One more thing my "old school equipment" produces what has your new technology produced?

lol

Doesn't matter, your buying the 800 , you did swallow the KA, bottom line, so keep on cutting up the Nox, and if we catch you at the beach with it, it's all over :lol:, it amazes me that someone getting a Nox 800, still keep's it going, what are you gonna do when Captain Silver run's into you land hunting, tell him you drank the KA :roll::lol:, Craig get off the white horse , step down on earth , the OLD School can only go so far :police: PS your opinion on this thread , looks like it turned South and ran out of steam :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::realitycheck:

Aquaman

Here is the charger i bought of amazon a 6 way,2.4 each port, otherwise you will be connecting 3 wires if you use the module to your CP port's, the wireless phones correct are not waterproof, they won't come off your head in the shallow unless you fall down, i heard the ML version of waterproof phones come out within the next couple weeks, who knows what the price is, along with the extra coils. Earl

Attachments

• P1000969.JPG
    P1000969.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 93
Your not

The only pirate getting another- boat, i see you retired your jet ski, what size motor do you have on that run about ? PS what was last years total Ring Daddy ? since you didn't share with us :(:?::lol: You got more do dads than me bro., neck deep, skates , sharks , no bumps yet :lol: You won't be doing that in the DE - Oc bays, they are their .

Back
Top Bottom