Old home site finds.

joey786

Old home site finds this weekend, the wedding band was only 3 inches and the F75 indicated indicated a mid tone pull tab signal ring.

Attachments

• IMG_20180106_103141.jpg
    IMG_20180106_103141.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_20180107_131919.jpg
    IMG_20180107_131919.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_20180107_135556.jpg
    IMG_20180107_135556.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_20180107_170312.jpg
    IMG_20180107_170312.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_20180107_170539.jpg
    IMG_20180107_170539.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 749
Wow, impressive! I would be very pleased to come home with goodies like that, congratulations!

Thanks, I have found alot more relics there but havent posted the pics yet. Been working two sites for weeks now and still have two more sites on the same bit of land, will keep me busy for a while. And yes, dirty finger nails come with the hobby I guess.:grin::D

Really nice finds !!! Congrats on the IH and gold. BTW Wearing gloves will help the fingernails !!!

Gold in the dirt is the best sight to see !!

Congrats on a great hunt.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I think the xxx and W is the makers stamp, Woodson and son I believe. But cant find any other marks on it, I guess its at least 14k but dont know for sure.

Great finds congrats! :cool:

The XXX sideways W is JR Wood & Sons jewelers in NYC. They ran that hallmark for well over 100 years before changing their name to Artcarved right around 1975.
It is at least 14k and possibly 18k.

The ring you found is likely from the same time period of the indian pennies you found. They did start adding the K mark at some time along with the sideways W.
The really early ones are always marked just XXX.

Here is a link you can look at old catalogs, read the history etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=JR+...ns&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks folks,
for all the replies and thanks to Gauntlet and Irons for the info. I absolutely had no idea about what the watch fob was, maybe I can find the rest of it later. I dont really have a thrilling story to tell about this, the wife and I had been out there for about 5 hours, finding the usual stuff, farm implements, millions of Hawk Brand buttons and the like. It was getting late and was working my way back to the car, the grass was very thick and tough and about 6'' high, had the f75 in boost mode and got a nice solid mid tone. Of course, my heart stopped when I saw color, mouth opened wide, about 10 different possibilities went through my mind in an instant, must be a brass pipe fitting or something, or some other junk.I didnt even think to video or photograph it sill in the dirt. This place has been long forgotten, the house is long gone, just a few massive cedar trees which around here is idicative of an old homestead. I have few more of these sites to work, have permissions on 2 of them and 2 are on our land :D. I have more relics to post on here and will get them up soon. BTW, this is an awesome forum, the people on here seem friendly and cheerful and I love looking at pics of other folks finds.
Good luck hunting.

Thanks folks,
for all the replies and thanks to Gauntlet and Irons for the info. I absolutely had no idea about what the watch fob was, maybe I can find the rest of it later. I dont really have a thrilling story to tell about this, the wife and I had been out there for about 5 hours, finding the usual stuff, farm implements, millions of Hawk Brand buttons and the like. It was getting late and was working my way back to the car, the grass was very thick and tough and about 6'' high, had the f75 in boost mode and got a nice solid mid tone. Of course, my heart stopped when I saw color, mouth opened wide, about 10 different possibilities went through my mind in an instant, must be a brass pipe fitting or something, or some other junk.I didnt even think to video or photograph it sill in the dirt. This place has been long forgotten, the house is long gone, just a few massive cedar trees which around here is idicative of an old homestead. I have few more of these sites to work, have permissions on 2 of them and 2 are on our land :D. I have more relics to post on here and will get them up soon. BTW, this is an awesome forum, the people on here seem friendly and cheerful and I love looking at pics of other folks finds.
Good luck hunting.

Joey, really great finds. There are some jaw dropping research addicts here that will always be able to pinpoint what you found. You have a really great couple of locations there. Finding old "dirt" gold so early into the hobby is pretty terrific! Congrats.

Keep posting those great historical finds! HH and GL!

Thanks for the reply Buellride,
Actually, i have been digging in the dirt since the mid 70s, my dad had a radio shack detector and from then on I had the fever. I went dormant for a few years raising kids, working, didnt have much time back then. Recently, I bought an f75 and got more serious into the hobby again and WOW, was I behind in detector technology.The target separation on the newer rigs is amazing and the muliti tone function is genius and I think multi freq., in my opinion is the new wave for future detectors. Cant wait to get home from work today and get back out there.
Take care and good hunting

All great finds, but the watch FOB is so cool! That design on the front is just neat. I would be proud to display that in my shadowbox/case. HH!

Back
Top Bottom