• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good morning, MD forum! New member intro

Sixtigers

Forum Supporter
Good morning, crew.

52 year old White male, married 17 years, three kids, live and work in China Lake (Ridgecrest), CA. High desert (3000'). I work mids, so only see the sun occasionally.

I bought a GTI2500 years ago on a whim, took it out once after work. ProTip: Don't go metal detecting in steel toed boots.

Bought a son an Ace 250, but he couldn't tear himself away from the computer long enough to go outside to use it. Sat in the closet for 5 years. Got the itch to take the wife up into the mountains last weekend to Lake Isabella (water is very low this time of year)...and wow! Four hours or so went by like THAT (snaps fingers). We found nothing but trash, though she was leading with two pennies and a fishing lure, I'd only found a penny. Walking back to the car with the detector on, found a dime--so I won for the day (she lost the dime soon after we made it home).

I...had more fun then I had anticipated. It was good getting out of the house, good to get the wife out too, and I was delighted that she actually had a good time. We plan on going again in a couple of days, to a popular campground by the lake that is empty this time of year. We're complete noobs, enthusiastic but inexperienced, and we've just had four days of rain, so the ground will be wet--which I gather is frustrating.

My wife is 46, and neither of us are very active. We both work full time, and only have weekends and evenings together. Hoping that this is going to stick, and give us something to look forward to on the weekends.

I'm delighted that such a forum exists. Looking forward to really learning from the experiences of members here!

Welcome from southeast Missouri. You have found a home here, lots of friendly folks of all experience levels to help you.
If that lake has a swimming area, I'd hit that hard!

Welcome from Boston, the other coast, near sea-level... :snowtruck: Hope you and your wife will continue detecting as a team, and maybe even convince your son to join you.

Jim

As you learn your machines the good finds will start showing up. Welcome to the forum from the Right Coast. But be warned detecting can and does become addicting. We are always looking forward to the next time.

Back
Top Bottom