Salt Beach machine for rookie that is hearing impaired

Auriemma

Hi all,

I have a friend (co-worker) that would like to take up MDing. He is hearing impaired in both ears and uses hearing aids (not deaf). He is looking for a machine with a good visual interface, and possibly an customizable audio system (thinking like E-trac). He wants to take it on cruises to hunt foreign beaches. I already seriously warned him about checking and permissions first with any country he plans to visit and hunt. He wants a solid, reliable machine that is portable. Budget... lets say under 650 USD.
Thanks in advance.

Makro multi Kruzer. Handle vibrates w/wo sound, adjustable tones, beach mode, waterproof. Comes with wireless headphones.

The Nox is a pretty good choice...price and warranty. You can see the screen in On the beach with sun. Digits are good. Light weight.....and all in all a good detector he could learn quickly....and it has a travel shaft.

I was thinking if he could swing a little more he could get a used Equinox 800

If he is hearing impaired it is possible that he just can not hear certain tones or pitches. With the 800 he could find a tone he CAN hear and adjust all the tones to that pitch.

I have what the audiologist calls Profound Hearing loss. At the beach I use the Excalibur II. On dirt I use an antique called sovereign GT. I run the xcal in pin point (all Metal) and then shift to discriminate. If the target is still there I dig it. I put a meter on my gt and can usually tell if I want to dig the target. Good hearing aids are something that I would not want to be without. The hearing aids that I have can be programmed so that high frequencies sound high to me but the audiologist has programmed my hearing aids so that high frequencies actually are dropped down into an area that I can hear with my hearing aids.

He should be able to use any machine that had a meter and good audio.

Rookie = NOX.. If you are NOT in water over the head unit then do the wireless and some ear buds. NOTHING can be louder than buds

For hearing impaired = NOX or Excal with some Eisenhower headphones. In pinpoint, it'll blow your hat off your head.

Between the two, The Excal is 2x the price. Good thing about the NOX is that you can set the tones to whatever decibal range works for you. For the price you simply can't go wrong. It's a super sensitive machine that picks up on everything worth digging, is super light and is very reasonably priced.

I have what the audiologist calls Profound Hearing loss. At the beach I use the Excalibur II. On dirt I use an antique called sovereign GT. I run the xcal in pin point (all Metal) and then shift to discriminate. If the target is still there I dig it. I put a meter on my gt and can usually tell if I want to dig the target. Good hearing aids are something that I would not want to be without. The hearing aids that I have can be programmed so that high frequencies sound high to me but the audiologist has programmed my hearing aids so that high frequencies actually are dropped down into an area that I can hear with my hearing aids.

He should be able to use any machine that had a meter and good audio.

Sov gt is not an antique yet.

Sov gt is not an antique yet.

Maybe not antique but according to Minelab didn't the NOX make everything else obsolete?

But my obsolete machine still finds stuff for me and I have a spare on standby for when, if ever, my Gt gives up the ghost and parts are no longer available to repair it.

Maybe not antique but according to Minelab didn't the NOX make everything else obsolete?

But my obsolete machine still finds stuff for me and I have a spare on standby for when, if ever, my Gt gives up the ghost and parts are no longer available to repair it.

No just single frequency detectors obsolete.:grin:

Back
Top Bottom