First Gold since April

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
As many know I have menieres which is a hearing and vertigo issue... I was saving all my strength for work and wasn't really beach hunting too much because seeing the water movement messed me up too much so I dug in the dirt mainly this year...

Last week Swinglow and I were supposed to go out but a medical issue came up with me that I am just getting over right now but it was directly related to my Menieres so we tried again today and both of us were successful finding the yellow... George hunted longer than me because half way to the beach I remembered I forgot my scoop and had to turn around.. go home and get it... by the time I got there George already had gold in his pouch..

My snake ring is 8.9 grams a piece of one band is missing by the old break it held at 18k and diamonds in eyes are good... I'm going to taje it to a jeweler to have them clean it... it is very dull and dirty... the wedding band is 18k 3.6 grams both rings are a size 3 or so neither will fit in my pinky... 1 silver...

I can't hunt as long because of the menieres I have balance issues and don't want something happening while I drive..

George.. he tries to get me to buy a Nox... I don't want another detector... I do just fine with my old technology each time a new machine comes out it amazes how many buy them.. Excal is a great machine... I am glad he is happy because I am happy with my modded excal..

Attachments

• IMG_0552 (1).jpg
    IMG_0552 (1).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_0553 (1).jpg
    IMG_0553 (1).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 482
Good Lord! What a great hunt and post! Its amazing how you got out all wobbley up and down the beach....I'm interested in buying that snake ring if you are thinking about selling it....Its obvious, You dont need no dmaned NOX....

Good Lord! What a great hunt and post! Its amazing how you got out all wobbley up and down the beach....I'm interested in buying that snake ring if you are thinking about selling it....Its obvious, You dont need no dmaned NOX....

he wont sell that :D

craig great hunt buddy very happy for you im still kicking myself in the arse for not going out with you guys congrats what a sweeet hunt even if you are a weeble wooble now :laughing:

I'm going to take it to my jeweler see what he says about cleaning it up Mud.. it was sitting in a area loaded with rust... I don't think I am going to part with it at this time... I'll keep you in mind though.. I like playing with my gold :lol:

Awesome 18k day!!

That snake ring is wild, big congrats!!

<°)))>{

thanks Jim...

Nice hunt and congrats on the gold. If that's imperial jade or apple jade it's going to be worth some bucks

Where so you see Jade, Steve? I see tourquiose unless I am losing my eyes to :lol:

he wont sell that :D

Not at this time.. want to research it like I did the wedding band but it was easy

Benedict Brothers 171 Broadway NY in the band here is the link I mentioned to you Mark...

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~silversmiths/genealogy/makers/silversmiths/130928.htm

craig great hunt buddy very happy for you im still kicking myself in the arse for not going out with you guys congrats what a sweeet hunt even if you are a weeble wooble now :laughing:

You know what they say Mark... you snooze.. ya lose :laughing: oh yeah Thanks :lol:

Glad you were able to get out and kick some rest at that beach! Holy smokes that’s a great gold take, the snake ring is pretty cool! Congrats!

Awesome haul! If the jeweler charges just go buy some mothers mag and aluminum polish and a sock. I polish my stuff with it and sell on feebay. Seen jewelers polish jobs and mine look just as good. Actually dark gold thats been down a while i usually regret polishing it and making it lighter color.

Congrats Craig on the double 18K day, the silver and the rest...both of the gold rings look old:cool: Outstanding hunt to get back in the game with!

What an awesome hunt! I've had issues with vertigo in the past and it's horrible!! I feel for you! Congrats on an amazing hunt!

One time Dick and I went to a city about an hour from my house, 30 minutes from his house. I picked him up. When we got to the beach he realized he forgot his scoop. We drove back to get it. Turned out a fun day. Now he always brings a backup and a checklist LOL.

VERY VERY VERY neat snake ring!

Very nice! Good to see you posting finds again; meneires is a bad dude. Hope you can cope and conquer enough to hunt some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you were able to get out and kick some rest at that beach! Holy smokes that’s a great gold take, the snake ring is pretty cool! Congrats!

Thanks Ground...

Awesome haul! If the jeweler charges just go buy some mothers mag and aluminum polish and a sock. I polish my stuff with it and sell on feebay. Seen jewelers polish jobs and mine look just as good. Actually dark gold thats been down a while i usually regret polishing it and making it lighter color.

Thanks Larry... I'll get some of that stuff.. I have seen you post about it before...

Congrats Craig on the double 18K day, the silver and the rest...both of the gold rings look old:cool: Outstanding hunt to get back in the game with!

Thanks Bruce... I was going to say I went to iron beach to throw off the scavengers who hunt in groups... you know who I am talking about... what they don't understand is once the old stuff is gone its gone..

What an awesome hunt! I've had issues with vertigo in the past and it's horrible!! I feel for you! Congrats on an amazing hunt!

One time Dick and I went to a city about an hour from my house, 30 minutes from his house. I picked him up. When we got to the beach he realized he forgot his scoop. We drove back to get it. Turned out a fun day. Now he always brings a backup and a checklist LOL.

VERY VERY VERY neat snake ring!

Thanks Barbara.. I first had issues with menieres when I was in my 20's then it went away for a while and now its back... the emergency room DR found fluid on my inner ear and put me on a diuretic it seems to be helping.. today was the first day I have driven my car in over a week the DR told me no driving.. sucks when you have your own business.

Very nice! Good to see you posting finds again; meneires is a bad dude. Hope you can cope and conquer enough to hunt some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks USA.. I'm trying the best I can.. ;)

Glad to see you were able to spend a few hours out...

Love the snake ring Craig! Hard to beat a Old Excalibur Pro!!

Too much to list individually...lol. Congrats on it all!

Thanks Jak... I think :lol:

Love the snake ring Craig! Hard to beat a Old Excalibur Pro!!

Thanks Joe... I deleted that picture I sent you because IPhones have that GPS I don't need to share where I hunt with the world ;)

There's the pirate I know!
Nice hunt Craig.

Thanks Mike it was good to get out... I figured if something happened well George was there and he could bury me in a Nox hole :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom