A Little Holiday Gold!

Compass

Forum Supporter
The day after Christmas I was able to spend the day at the beach- from sun-up until sun-down. I hunted 5 different beaches from one low tide until the next. Every beach had signs of sand movement and I found targets at each one.
However, the targets were scattered apart and I had to do a lot of walking and digging to fill my finds pouch. :yes:
picture.php

Lots of interesting targets and a few keepers on the day. The 3rd target of the hunt (in the dark) was a pretty 14K gold ring with pave diamonds across the top. I could hardly believe my eyes when I switched on my headlamp and saw the yellow gleam of gold in my hand!
picture.php

Not much later I scooped out 5 pieces of silver in one swipe- parts of a bracelet. A short distance away, an additional piece. Most of the targets were low on the slope. It was here that I was also digging some lead fishing weights- the familiar grouping of lead, silver and gold so familiar to many of us here.
picture.php

After checking out several other beaches I circled back to the first beach after noon in the hopes of finding more gold during the approaching low tide. Not long after, there was more gold in the scoop and I remembered to get a "live" picture of gold in the scoop- 1.2 grams of 14k!
picture.php

More silver soon followed with a copper and silver bracelet and chunky little silver ring (missed the group picture) that was so discolored I didn't know what it was until this morning.
picture.php

Surprisingly, the biggest gold of the day came in the form of a 3.5 gram gold dental crown. These small targets don't look that heavy but always seem to impress at weigh-in time. :yes:
All in all, a great day to be at the beach and a nice sunset to end the hunt.
picture.php

picture.php

These marathon hunts come at a price and last night I woke up to muscle cramps in my legs mostly. Today there is hardly a part of my body which isn't sore or tight. Would I do it again? You bet! :D GL&HH!

Congrats on a great hunt ! God thats a huge amount of targets. Great pics and and least it looks like you were always digging something....Thanks for sharing...HH

:dingding: More impressed with the gold and tons of targets was that you hunted for that amount of time. :wow: There's no way I could do that with the way I hunt so hats off to you!

Nice hunt George! Good job tracking down the gold! Looks like you were using your Dual Field for these hunts :yes: From the looks of your wrap up picture, you left the beaches devoid of anything metal :D Hope you hit some more gold before the years up, HH!

George

Nice to finish out the year with a gold rush buddy, i am sore after land hunting , at 58 can still handle beach hunting without getting stiff, but ya , all those targets , wow , happy new year , Earl

Congrats on a great hunt ! God thats a huge amount of targets. Great pics and and least it looks like you were always digging something....Thanks for sharing...HH
Thanks arw, I know I over did it but it was kind of a slow year detecting-wise so I was making up for lost time!

:dingding: More impressed with the gold and tons of targets was that you hunted for that amount of time. :wow: There's no way I could do that with the way I hunt so hats off to you!
Thanks Felix, It was a lot of hunting but a fair amount of driving from beach to beach too. :p

Welcome to the gold tooth club !!!
Thank you Wom, I was actually a member already. At this same beach I found 3 crowns on 1 hunt a couple of years ago. :yes:

Congrats on the many fine finds!
Thanks JAK, Yes, it was fun with plenty of variety. :yes:

Right on George....great hunt with some very nice gold there !!
Thanks Jeff, Looks like we both ended up the year on a positive note. Here's to a golden 2019!

That’s a long hunt and a lot of finds.
Way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you Treasure! Time flies by so fast during a good hunt that it doesn't seem that long. :yes:

Nice hunt George! Good job tracking down the gold! Looks like you were using your Dual Field for these hunts :yes: From the looks of your wrap up picture, you left the beaches devoid of anything metal :D Hope you hit some more gold before the years up, HH!
Thanks Slim, I actually started off with the Dual Field and switched to the Nox in the afternoon. This actually worked out pretty well since the Nox is lighter and I didn't have to dig as much trash.

Congrats on the silver ring and other silver pieces, the gold rings, gold tooth and the rest...excellent hunt and great pix!
Thank you Captain, Pretty sure this was my last hunt of the year so I'm glad it worked out like it did. :yes:

Sounds like a fun day, with some nice finds, Especially that sunset.......... :thumbsup:
Thanks Bajanick, Of course, the sunset was more beautiful than the picture shows but it gives an idea. That's a clear view of Catalina Island on the horizon.

Nice to finish out the year with a gold rush buddy, i am sore after land hunting , at 58 can still handle beach hunting without getting stiff, but ya , all those targets , wow , happy new year , Earl
Thanks Earl and to you as well! :yes:

Yeah boyeeeee! Oh no I don't have any gold teeth.
Happy hunts!
Thanks Metal, I'd rather find gold jewelry but gold is gold!

Dang nice work and nice pics! Wish I could spend 12 hrs detecting the beach! Nice!
Thanks GS, Well, the wife worked all day so I could do what I wanted. I actually think that conditions were probably better on Christmas day but there was no way I was going to be able to hunt then. ;)

Very impressed George, you are a true master , my hats off to you. Happy new year

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sheesh Compass! That top finds picture? You were out working it!!..., I think the tooth is really cool as well as the 5 silvers in one scoop...and of course the gold...Supreme effort! Hats off! :beers:

Man o man you Cali guys are hard core! I can only dream of a hunt so golden!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom