Double Gold Double Silver Off The Beaten Path

jjm861

Elite Member
For you So. Cal. hunters, I think we can all agree, the beach erosion has been horrible this year. In fact, I can not remember a year where the winter months provided so few storms !!

With that in mind, I decided to take a gamble and head to a beach that is "off the beaten path". Just as I started to get my gear ready when I arrived....who do I see....it is but fellow forum member Compass aka George. For those of you fortunate to have met George, he is one of the "good guys" of this hobby. Just an all around good dude. I think George might have found a keeper, but I will let him share when he posts.

What you see is from the last 2 days....full disclosure....the Tiffany "Atlas" ring is from last Sunday found at one of our pounded beaches.

The third picture is the good stuff....a 10k girls ring and a thin 10k band. The 10k band is mark with a sideways w and then xxx. A little research tells me the band is old made by J.R Woods which eventually became Artcarve. The rest is the Tiffany and a little .925er.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 561
:dingding: That's really more like 3 golds as that silver Tiffany will sell for gold prices. Awesome scores!!

I am getting sick of seeing California, Florida, Australian and lake Michigan gold. You folks need to cease and desist!

Wonderful finds and glad you met George. Seems like a lot of you folks out there from this site are top notch.

Like Felix said, I think that Tiffany ring is as good as gold- maybe better! Big congrats Jeff! :yes: Yes, the beaches have been disappointing this year. The best thing about this season has been meeting or hunting with you, forum members Low Tide, Slim Pickins and Romy, and Ross, Tony and Ron from down south. You guys have all been so gracious and have taught this old dog a few new tricks! :yes:

btw... this off the beaten path beach wouldn't be a nudist beach would it? Ive had some gold there but you must be CERTAIN to get out of there before the sun comes up as all the gross, overweight, oddball, NAKED types start showing up. I always envisioned a nude beach as a bunch of hottie women running around. NOT THE CASE!:shock::shock:

btw... this off the beaten path beach wouldn't be a nudist beach would it? Ive had some gold there but you must be CERTAIN to get out of there before the sun comes up as all the gross, overweight, oddball, NAKED types start showing up. I always envisioned a nude beach as a bunch of hottie women running around. NOT THE CASE!:shock::shock:

Hey Lowtide....nope....no nude beach for me this week. Maybe I'll try next week....ha ha:lol::lol:

HAHA! I recognize the Psalm on that ring! I used to sing it!
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
They shall mount up on wings as eagles.
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint."

HAPPY EASTER, Y'ALL!

Sage(Teach me Lord, to wait)Grouse

I just read Compass' post and your's happened to be next :lol: Great finds, you're still finding the gold without needing the erosion which is great!:)

Back
Top Bottom