signature style

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hello fellow forum members ibwas just wondering if I could get some better suggestions on the signatures. I'd like to have a category for all the more common coinscopper or silver but can't find a way to make it look nice in two lines. Any feedback is appreciated!

Hello fellow forum members ibwas just wondering if I could get some better suggestions on the signatures. I'd like to have a category for all the more common coinscopper or silver but can't find a way to make it look nice in two lines. Any feedback is appreciated!

The signature limitations here are IMO unnecessarily restrictive. 3 or 4 lines would be fine. Dunno if there is a suggestion box where you can make such a request.

The signature limitations here are IMO unnecessarily restrictive. 3 or 4 lines would be fine. Dunno if there is a suggestion box where you can make such a request.

I agree with you, being a WB and having managed forums, i can tell you that sometimes signatures are a real problem, used for spam, or abused with too many lines or huge fonts, but this forum looks pretty calm and friendly.

I saw some vB forums that use a mod to allow signature after certain amount of posts, dunno if there is a mod to allow extra lines after certain amount of posts, but probably after a couple of posts you can realize that the user is a real one and not spammer, so if after 10 or 15 posts he wasn't banned, he could automatically get a larger signature space.

Maybe it can even be managed by rank too, but not sure.

Cheers!

As this seems to be turning into a Q&A on the Signature line used on this Forum, I am moving this to our Forum Help & Announcement sub forum.

The only limitation we impose, that I am aware of, is that live links are not allowed in regular member signatures.

What are you trying to do? :?:

The only limitation we impose, that I am aware of, is that live links are not allowed in regular member signatures.

What are you trying to do? :?:

Signatures are limited to "two lines" of text, by a metric which is hard to discern. Would be nice if I could have a line for my name, a line for my gear, and two lines for finds.

I'm not trying to put links or graphics or anything like that into my sig. If I had my druthers. My signature would look like this:
Coolest Find: 100+ year old copper bracelet with twin snake heads
No big deal, really.

Looks like I opened a can of worms sorry about that! I was just trying to display my different finds into different categories and making it look nicer I like the color idea...but I only have two lines so I had to eliminate spaces. I'm gunna work on it tonight thank you everyone for you're feedback!

Signatures are limited to "two lines" of text, by a metric which is hard to discern. Would be nice if I could have a line for my name, a line for my gear, and two lines for finds.

I'm not trying to put links or graphics or anything like that into my sig. If I had my druthers. My signature would look like this:
Coolest Find: 100+ year old copper bracelet with twin snake heads
No big deal, really.

You mean like that?

Looks like I opened a can of worms sorry about that! I was just trying to display my different finds into different categories and making it look nicer I like the color idea...but I only have two lines so I had to eliminate spaces. I'm gunna work on it tonight thank you everyone for you're feedback!

Are you using the standard editor text box or the WYSIWYG editor?

You mean like that?

Apparently the rules are different when you are an admin. If I try to edit that signature, say, to change the clad amount for a new hunt, I see this:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.​

Since I can't edit the signature now, I will have to revert it to the way it was. :( Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it. :D

Apparently the rules are different when you are an admin. If I try to edit that signature, say, to change the clad amount for a new hunt, I see this:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.​

Since I can't edit the signature now, I will have to revert it to the way it was. :( Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it. :D

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I'll see if there is an easy way to change the limit.

OK I increased the limit to 4 lines, 6 for forum supporters.

OK I increased the limit to 4 lines, 6 for forum supporters.

4 lines sounds VERY reasonable to me, I won't say where or who, but have seen some ridiculously long Sigs. takes up near half of forum page, every single find the person makes.

Back
Top Bottom