Elite Member
5 hours in the dry then the slope then the water....in piles of $10

Nearly ¥16992 yen = about $170 :wow:

The two marbles are for my two sons...one each :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3773.jpg
    IMG_3773.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 314
Awesome ¥ count. I too had my record during these low tides with 14,300. (15 x ¥500) Looks like you got 20 of them!? Beast Mode! :shock:

Wow, that's an incredible total! :wow: Don't think I've ever got that much in a hunt. Those 5-hundies really add up! :D

Awesome ¥ count. I too had my record during these low tides with 14,300. (15 x ¥500) Looks like you got 20 of them!? Beast Mode! :shock:

Thanks. Yeah, I dug 20 500 yens all from the water. They do add up quickly indeed. I thought I had about 1 man at the end of the hunt. Couldn't move my right arm after.... felt like someone stabbed me in the shoulder blade :lol::lol: I think I got so many because I'm such a bad water hunter. I only dug the screamers :p:p

Congrats on an awesome amount of cash. You guys in Japan are even luckier then the Canadians and Aussies with those multi-dollar/yen coins. We in the USA feel lucky to find a few dollars total. Keep up the great hunting. : )

You still have the stock coil on the Excal?

Yes, I have the 8 inch stock on both the GT and the Excal. I'm thinking about getting a smaller coil for the GT for some of those really trashy iron beaches. A bigger one would be handy for my hunted out beaches too.

Wow, that is a stack of yen!!! My friend I hunt with, Harpa, hit 14,000 yen Wednesday night with 15 500 yen coins. I thought that was the high water mark and you killed that. Got to love these low tides.

5 hours in the dry then the slope then the water....in piles of $10

Nearly ¥16992 yen = about $170 :wow:

The two marbles are for my two sons...one each :lol:

Nice job on the yen. But sorry to burst your bubble on the "marbles" - that's actually Mermaid poop, don't think your kids want that :lol::roll:

Yes, I have the 8 inch stock on both the GT and the Excal. I'm thinking about getting a smaller coil for the GT for some of those really trashy iron beaches. A bigger one would be handy for my hunted out beaches too.
I swear by that small coil myself. I have been told several times I need a larger coil but little do they know. :D How is the money conversion rate? I guess I am asking if $170 goes as far there as it would in the US. Is a loaf of bread $10 there? I hear it is really expensive there.

wow ... that's some serious $$ !!! Gratz !!

I'f I ever get $100 pesos in clad in one hunt (around $8 usd) I'd be more than happy lol.

I swear by that small coil myself. I have been told several times I need a larger coil but little do they know. :D How is the money conversion rate? I guess I am asking if $170 goes as far there as it would in the US. Is a loaf of bread $10 there? I hear it is really expensive there.

I am very happy with the 8 inch. Seems to do the job....

The cost of living is quite reasonable these days. We get a loaf of bread on special for under 100 yen.:shock: They have had 20 years of deflation in Japan. Bury your money in a box and you can can buy more with it the next year. Who needs interest :lol::lol:

I co-authored a book on the subject. It's called Kamikaze Economics

http://www.amazon.com/Kamikaze-Economics-Story-Modern-Japan-ebook/dp/B009MMUP5W

Shameless plug :no:

WOWZER!!!:shock: Is that all spendable like our old coin here??
All spendable:yes: They sightly changed the design of the 500 yen coin about 20 years ago but it is still mostly accepted everywhere.

They are a great indicator coin though to know when you are hitting the older stuff because you rarely see them in general circulation in the last 10 years :grin: This hunt was about half new and half old 500 yens.

Another good indicator coin is the 10 yen. It had a reeded edge initially but changed to a non-reeded edge in 1958. When you start hitting reeded edge 10 yens you know you're in a really good spot! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom