* Early Morning Gold *

meggie

Elite Member
I hit the beach nice and early this morning but still missed the low tide. I'm really not a morning person.

Found a couple of sinkers,some coins and then this old silver ring,so decided to slow down & do a thorough grid of the area.

Dug a couple of coins, a 1922 penny and then got a faint but nice repeatable sound .. four scoops,spread the pile and spotted this nice gold ring.
It's stamped 375, weight 5.5 grams, the little diamonds test good too.
The initials are C.R. I wonder if Chicago Ron ever visited Australia. :?:

A soak in CLR & a good polish and it's looking much better .. Since been buffed & polished by a Jeweler

I finished up with 30 minutes along the high tide mark and scored this 375 gram hoop earring.

Another hot session again but worth the effort :cool:

Meggie ...

Attachments

• IMG_0203aa.jpg
    IMG_0203aa.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0205aa.jpg
    IMG_0205aa.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_0171a.jpg
    IMG_0171a.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 691
:bling::dingding::dingding::detector:YOU ARE JUST SO AWESOME IN FINDING THINGS,IM GONNA VISIY YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS,,CONGRATS AND HH

great finds meg, 2 9k in one hunt is strange,,,,,I have only dug one 9k this year and gold is gold no matter what,,,,it works! great hunt, GL HH

I finished up with 30 minutes along the high tide mark and scored this 375 gram hoop earring.

Should be easy to find the person that lost the 375 gram earring. Just look for someone with the bottom part of their ear hanging down to their shoulder. :laughing:

great finds meg, 2 9k in one hunt is strange,,,,,I have only dug one 9k this year and gold is gold no matter what,,,,it works! great hunt, GL HH

9k is the most common in Australia, 10k rarely seen,14k still quite rare and 18k and above is always hard to find wherever you are.

9k is the most common in Australia, 10k rarely seen,14k still quite rare and 18k and above is always hard to find wherever you are.

Meg, almost 260 gs of gold this year, I would trade my 10k and 14k and call it even,,,,:laughing: JK, that is great numbers,,,,18k and Plat around here don't come easy either,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom