When is a negative a positive? When it's a negative tide of course!

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Took a day off work and headed down south this time to give another nameless little beach a try. The first two hours did not yield a single coin or piece of jewelry but the final four hours were full of them. Although most of this beach was sanded-in I managed to walk out beyond all the fluff and started hitting the good stuff. Managed about 16 rings (most silver, a few SS junkers), maybe $85 in clad, and right at the end of the hunt picked up a really nice 18k Thai pendant. Was so tired at 5am from digging that I had to just sit down for 10 minutes before I was able to take off my drysuit by myself (was of course freezing by this point!) :lol:

Anyways, I'd say the evening was worth it. :yes:

P1040199_zps92398e91.jpg

P1040203_zpse5912031.jpg

P1040202_zpsfdfa9a9f.jpg

What a great looking cache you found Stewart. Looks like it came straight from a pirate's treasure chest! :yes: Sounds like you worked hard for it too. Congrats and HH!

Hamid would be proud of you!! That's some Amazing counts on rings and cash. :wow2:

Love that Drysuit? I was out Saturday for 4 hours, just below the chest water...57 degrees, Love it..

Hamid would be proud of you!! That's some Amazing counts on rings and cash. :wow2:

Love that Drysuit? I was out Saturday for 4 hours, just below the chest water...57 degrees, Love it..

Hehe...thanks! I love the idea of a drysuit but mine is really just a surface suit so I exit the water with wet arms. Hopefully buying a proper diving grade drysuit in the next week or two. :D

AWSOME DUDE!~!!!
how the hell do you find that much clad? I take it the coins are not like ours here in the USA? If I was you guys (forum members in japan) I would all get together and cancel your forum memberships before all the goodies are gone from your beaches. My wife and I are planning a trip there based only off the finds we have seen in the past several years. I visited japan in the 10th grade and have missed it ever since. So a two week trip is in order, and will take about another year to plan. Looking forward to it!

AWSOME DUDE!~!!!
how the hell do you find that much clad? I take it the coins are not like ours here in the USA? If I was you guys (forum members in japan) I would all get together and cancel your forum memberships before all the goodies are gone from your beaches. My wife and I are planning a trip there based only off the finds we have seen in the past several years. I visited japan in the 10th grade and have missed it ever since. So a two week trip is in order, and will take about another year to plan. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the comments. The 500 yen coins are worth about $5 each and add up quickly. Yeah, there's a few people saying they are going to come to Japan just to 'clean up' but I hope they realize that it takes time to find a beach that actually produces....and even then you need to get out there all night during the cold months (negative tides) and put the hours in. A real bummer if you don't own a car. :yes:

I post only my good trips out...many more produce nothing but garbage. :lol:

Nice hunt with a really good ring count.... sweet pendant!

Cliff

Yeah, there's a few people saying they are going to come to Japan just to 'clean up' but I hope they realize that it takes time to find a beach that actually produces....and even then you need to get out there all night during the cold months (negative tides) and put the hours in. A real bummer if you don't own a car. :yes:

Agree!
Thought for sure that pendant was 22k:lol: I'm not polishing that old gold anymore. Can't beat the color;)

Nice hunt Stewart... it amazes me the amount of clad you guys can pull over there in 1 hunt.. good job on the gold and silver...

Great job on the hunt!
Any idea what kind of stones are in the pendant?

By the way, just to keep things in perspective, I too have an X-cal and hit the beaches over here for about 6-8 hours at a time but find nowhere near what you find .... heaps more trash than keepers. Finding the right beach at the right time is the key.

Back
Top Bottom