First 5 ring day with the CTX yields 28.2 grams of gold

cdv

Elite Member
Chris (Dc426) and I hit up an obscure beach and it turned out to be a really good one to try! Chris went one way and I went the other...after about an hour, Chris met me back where I started.... I had been digging clad (high tones)and not moved but about 100 yards since we started and decided to only dig midtones... it has been a long time since I had that many targets... waves made digging difficult but I stuck to three mid tones that I was sure were nickels.... but all three turned out to be gold... somewhere in between those golds I got my second silver for the day. Those 4 rings happened within one hour of hunting
1967 Class ring is 13.5 grams of 10k
White gold band is 5.8 grams of 10k
Diamond band is 8.9 grams of 14k.... 6 of the 7 diamonds are real.... guess which one isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH and GL everyone
Cliff

Attachments

• 2013-11-05 10.53.53.jpg
    2013-11-05 10.53.53.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 727
  • 2013-11-05 10.55.29.jpg
    2013-11-05 10.55.29.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 645
  • 2013-11-05 13.03.02.jpg
    2013-11-05 13.03.02.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 649
Wow! What a killer hunt!

Congrats on all those ringers!

The iceberg is sure a heartbreaker..:(

STAY OUT OF MICHIGAN!!! :pirate:

Good luck on the next spin!

<*)))>{

Man Cliff i'm affraid to touch ya, your so hot, your smoking now Great finds and the one you got yesterday man, WTG my friend, HH

Cliff made a mockery of me today:laughing: He absolutely killed it. I had no idea this place would be so good. So I guess I get credit for the location at least. Days like today are what this hobby is all about. I had fun just watching the "master" at work.

We couldn't wait to get to my house to test the big diamond to see if it was real. But before we got there Cliff wanted to stop off and look at new cars. Here's what we stopped off to look at. He wants something a little bigger than the VW.
DC

cliff made a mockery of me today:laughing: He absolutely killed it. I had no idea this place would be so good. So i guess i get credit for the location at least. Days like today are what this hobby is all about. I had fun just watching the "master" at work.

We couldn't wait to get to my house to test the big diamond to see if it was real. But before we got there cliff wanted to stop off and look at new cars. Here's what we stopped off to look at. He wants something a little bigger than the vw.
Dc

omg :laughing:

Awesome!!!

CTX is a good MD'er, But I like to think the person swinging any MD'er and putting the coil over the targets has more to do with it. Is that a fair statement Cliff. ;)

CTX is a good MD'er, But I like to think the person swinging any MD'er and putting the coil over the targets has more to do with it. Is that a fair statement Cliff. ;)

Now that is a trick question/comment.... IF I answer it wrong, I may look like I know it all... and I don't... I can answer it this way..... I'm down to 5 detectors right now and not one of the ones in the cupboard gets gold unless I take it out for a swim..... no matter which one I use, I have to make the decision on whether to take the effort to dig...I also have to make the decision to give up on a target or keep digging.... today I learned something, don't give up on a target you think is good....I'm betting I have given up on loads of gold this year because I couldn't get it in the scoop in a few scoops.
The CTX is a good machine ...... it sucked until I learned what it was telling me..... same with any quality detector.....IF you don't take the time to learn the machine, you are relying more on luck than skill....We are always learning!

Hope that is a fair answer Joe!

Cliff

That is a very fine hunt... too bad that main stone was junk... last year I found a 18k ring with the main stone as a junker... I hate it when people shop at Walmart :lol:

I got a question for you, Cliff. Have you dug a gold ring with that CTX yet that was anything but a real rock solid tone? WTG by the way!:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom