What Camera Do You Use?

Pappy Griff

Forum Supporter
Greetings Fellow MD'ers, I have a quick question...

For those of you that enjoy capturing your hunts and discoveries on video, what are you using? Are most folks just using their cell phones? How about for hands-free filming? I'd like to find a small, good quality camera to maybe mount on my hat, that can be removed to get close-ups of finds in the hole.

Any suggestions?

I’ve used the GoPro but discovered unless you are prepared to do lots of editing (the time between finds) the iPhone has worked better for my style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a hat mounted GoPro Hero 6 most of the time. A cell phone when I'm being lazy. What I like most about the GoPro is being able to use voice commands to start and stop recordings. Great for catching live digs. Saves battery life and cuts down on the amount of editing too. I believe that feature is only available on the GoPro 5 and up.

Not hands free, but I have been very happy with my Fugi XP 90. Waterproof to 50 foot without having to use a case.I like being able to wash the camera in the sink after a day in the wild. It has a standard tripod mount, I use a short twisty tripod and have been able to mount it to anything. I haven't tried to mount it to my head and probably won't. Unless your very good at holding your head still and even better at editing, most hat mount videos suck.

I’ve used the GoPro but discovered unless you are prepared to do lots of editing (the time between finds) the iPhone has worked better for my style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm...that got me thinking....mount my iPhone to my forearm or the rod of my detector...using one of those car mount things....

Back
Top Bottom