It has been a long time!

Skippy

Hi all,
I am new to the forum. I will also be new to metal detecting in the states. I used to metal detect a lot when I was a kid in England, and I am looking to get back into it with a little more purpose this time. However, it does appear that there are a fair amount of stipulations with regards to detecting here. I figured that before I start shelling out the cash, I should look into it a bit deeper first.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skippy

Welcome! You are going to be fine hunting here in the States! Especially with a heavy English accent! Most everybody will just think you are a tourist and you dont know any better...Well, Most folks anyway...:laughing:

You did right by coming here to Friendly...This group can help you get your legs...You might want to post where you are located and somebody might chime in to help if you offer to take them out for a pint!:laughing:

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

There are some in-depth discussions on the forum about that topic, but to cover the very basics:

Most public property should be okay to detect with some exceptions:

If there is a sign that says "no detecting" (obviously :lol:)

Protected historical sites are usually off limits

Federal and State parks have restrictions that vary so you need to research each one

Private property: always get permission from the owners first

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

A few specimens

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Here are a few coins I saved. Nothing spectacular, but a couple of Roman coins.

coins.jpg

Back
Top Bottom