Up and running

Tested mine today in the Atlantic ocean. Found 5 pieces of aluminum:lol: Will say we had some wave action with a Northern current. Compared to my blue excal 800 I usually water hunt with I felt like I was getting a work out. Worse thing is from the handle being so big when it got wet it got slick and made my thumb joint start hurting. Plus the arm cuff is too flimsy to be in our waves. Had to run mine in beach 2 in the water. Headphones I made worked ok. Probably be a lot better with some muffs over them. But I can get used to them.

Reply back CFm-ct

Another one who has swallowed the koolaid --------- Equinox getting to you to ? But you will have one soon, don't be mad, be Glad :yes::lol:

Be interesting once we get some more water proof phones out there how well the Nox does as far as holding up to it's 10 ft deep rating. I do hope the Fisher will be worth the wait......:?:

Be interesting once we get some more water proof phones out there how well the Nox does as far as holding up to it's 10 ft deep rating. I do hope the Fisher will be worth the wait......:?:

Also will be interesting how it holds up to temperature changes. I picked up another tdi.. but I'm hoping to be near the front of the line for the Fisher when it comes out

Joe..... not sure there is going to be an issue... unless someone knocks their jack and cracks the casing. Mine runs great in the water...... best swinging machine ever.

However....... you really have to want to hunt with this machine. Its like running the Xcal on 8 in disc...... she likes to talk. Its all minerals those its not EMI. couple of things i found that helped....... if you are cable connected turn off your bluetooth, running faster recovery to say 5 helps too.... doesnt drag out the signals.

GB...... if you GB in beach 1.... its not the same as beach 2. GB beach 1 on my beach came out as 12..... but GB in beach 2 came out as 4. If you want to gain some sensitivity in beach 2 .... manually add 5 digits to the beach 2 GB. You can run a bit higher sensitivity in beach 2 ..... but thats because its not as sensitive. I also found running in AM and having iron volume down to 4 or less helps. It seems to break up the constant tones. You will know when you go over a target.... but you start thinking.... man am i missing anything. ANYONE wanting to buy one for water hunting needs to get with a buddy and run it in the salt water a bit to see if you can stand it.

That's getting it done,,,,,,well done Dew,,,,,my sister was walking the beach the other day early in the morning and took a picture to put on FB to show the beautiful beach,,,,,guess who happened to be in the background with an MD in the water looking in their basket,,,,,,,:laughing::laughing::laughing:Its a small world is all I can say,,,,,,GL HH

Whatcha talken bout Tim...... im like the dolphins.... every one wants to take my picture.:laughing:

Craig...... if you dont like chatter you wont like this machine at all. You hear everything in the sand. Its much better OUT of the water..... but its right there at the salt setting. It MIGHT find a chain...... but we havent seen a lot of um have we buddy? but she sure swings better than both the Xcal and CTX.... not that thats going to find us one more piece of gold. I can make it work...... but most people dont want that kind of machine for water hunting.

Thanks for the honest report buddy. I'm still on the fence w/the Nox. The chatter may be the game killer for me. Big Congrats on the rings though.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom