• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Problem with Fisher F2. Maybe maybe not?

DirtyNeckJesse

Elite Member
I have had my Fisher F2 for probably 5 years. Never had a problem out of it. Today I go out and swing at a ball field. Not much happening except lots of trash signals. That is probably why I noticed the possible problem. The signals would suddenly stop while I was swinging and I'd look down to see the machine had turned itself off. My first thought was dead batteries. The indicator showed two of the three segments for battery strength still lit up. After about 10 times of auto turn offs I went back to the car and replaced the batteries. It seems to be OK now but I am curious as to anyone else ever having this happen. Maybe I am just paranoid. Maybe I subconsciously want a new detector. (A dang good possibility! lol) At any rate, is this what happens when the batteries get too low? I usually change them out after about three or four hours use, so I don't have a clue. Thanks for any input.

Me and my buddy both own one of these and his has done the same lately, also saw his giving audio target ID when the machine was off....weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did this exact same thing about a month ago. I also changed the batteries and did the F2 reset and haven't had a problem since except once that I can remember. My plan was to look into it further when it kept happening but it really hasn't at this point.

F2

You might want to send it in to have it checked out ,i have a f4 that started acting up wouldn't shut off properly, and giving some strange readings, it was fairly new at that point . I sent it in to be checked out and it had both a bad circuit board and a defective coil . Came back and worked fine ever since.

My girlfriend uses a Fisher F2 and she's had it for 6 years now with no problems like you mention. One drawback though is that if there's a cell phone tower within a few hundred yards the machine goes nuts even if we turn the sensitivity to the lowest setting. We've had to abandon a number of hunt sites because of this.

Mine did this exact same thing about a month ago. I also changed the batteries and did the F2 reset and haven't had a problem since except once that I can remember. My plan was to look into it further when it kept happening but it really hasn't at this point.

How do I do a "reset"?

good to know

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds as it starts up.
Nothing will happen on the screen or tones and FTP swears this will do nothing but many owners tried it and have said this takes care wonky behavior lots of times.

good to know in case i need to do it.

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds as it starts up.
Nothing will happen on the screen or tones and FTP swears this will do nothing but many owners tried it and have said this takes care wonky behavior lots of times.

Thanks Digger!

Back
Top Bottom