My first King George II coin!

Snapolson

Elite Member
It's been ages since I'e posted a find...partly cause I haven't had a good find in a while and partly cause I'm lazy. :lol:

Anyway, I got out on Monday and braved a bit of rain from Tropical Storm Nate that swept through. It wasn't too bad, just a constant drizzle.

Just before calling it quits I hit a nice shallow signal. I thought it would be a quarter and that's what I thought it was when it popped out. Only an inch deep.

This is my first pre-colonial coin. I cleaned it up as best I could. I think it's a 1734 but can't be sure. Either way I'm pretty happy.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting out there!

picture.php

picture.php

Huge congrats!

I found my first one just last week...or at least I thought it was until I realized that the signal was way too low for copper. I actually thought it was a gold ring, by the sound and numbers. It was worn so flat, i had to get it home under lights to see any detail. Then I read up on them and found out that the KG's were heavily counterfeitted. That's when the much-lower-than-a-quarter signal made sense. I'm guessing mine is made mostly of lead. I'm glad yours hit like a quarter.

What an amaizing quarter surprise 👀.
That would make my year !
Your probubly still bouncing off the walls .
Congradulations on the 17OOs copper .
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom