RailRoad

RIP

Elite Member
On one of our farms an old railroad was built in 1835, it is now the dirt road going in and out. I know it will be tough digging but what do ya'll think. Has anybody hunted any old railroads with any luck?

Hey RIP.I have the same thing on my farm. There is alot of iron on the old track bed.You'll work your behind off digging spikes, etc.. Your best bet is to check out the old buiding sites along the track. I have a couple old railing sites that had houses on them. Try those first. Good luck.

One of our Moderators here, Steve in So Arizona, has experiance hunting along RR lines.

Yo rip - some old Rr lines have goodies waiting. There will be lots of junk in between as posted . We have specialized in old RR lines for many years now, with lots of finds. The date nails were started in the US in 1899 and pretty much stopped being used about the 1950's, some sooner. While we have used our detectors for finding things ,the greatest luck we have had was sifting the old dumps with a screen. Good luck whatever you do. Steve in so az

I did a some looking around on the internet and found some info on the R&R. It was the Mississippi Central R&R, they started building in 1835 & went into full operation in 1845. No telling whats out there, should keep me busy for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom