Pair O’ Standers possibly finish out the year??

Schweddy

Elite Member
Hi all. Had a beauty of a day off up here in NW Pa. Started out at a second visit to a door knock from last Saturday. 1842 house where I found a dime trifecta(barber, merc, Rosie). Still had a half acre back yard to do. Nuthin!! High grass, countless tree limbs and hundreds of walnuts on the ground kept me from getting a good hunt. So eventually i bailed and ended up at a park I gave up on two seasons ago.
Wouldn’t you know it - two SLQ’s 4 feet apart in an area I’ve pounded over the years. They were both very deep(9”+).
Forecast not looking good(unless you like to ski), so this might be my last blast for the year. But who knows?
Thanks for reading and good luck everyone. Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• A1DD5313-F66D-42B9-93E8-07D1CE849E25.jpg
    A1DD5313-F66D-42B9-93E8-07D1CE849E25.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 278
  • EF7DD574-5DF1-4CD9-B53E-4FAE7E8A83B5.jpg
    EF7DD574-5DF1-4CD9-B53E-4FAE7E8A83B5.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 242
That's calls for a double Super Big Congrats! What were you swinging? Settings? Search coil?

beephead

Thanks Beep! My go-to for yard hunting is my Etrac, as silver coin hunting is my favorite. I have the basic coil and always use G4E’s settings, which is basically the standard coin hunting program plus some tweaking. Also I set sensitivity at auto plus 2. Today in this area it was at a 23 which it high for auto. So I’m sure that helped me eek out those couple of extra inches of depth.

Talk about doublin' your pleasure. Great score! Didn't realize how hard of a find the SLQ was till I started reading how many members are still looking for their first. I got lucky in June with my first and only. a 1925. As far as weather goes, they are predicting another mild winter. Good luck Mark

What a great double! Love the in situ photo too! Still looking for my first Standing Liberty!

Beauty brace of Standers there Schweddy! You aint done for the year yet me bucko...Thanksgiving and Christmas hunts still to do...

Wow! Finding a couple coins in the same day that are hard as hell to find...that’s the topping on ANY cake! Beautiful job Schweddy!

Wow! That is a great find. I love finding those, only two in the last 4 years. To find two in the same dig, yikes! Big Kudo's on the find.

Back
Top Bottom