I don't understand Coinstar users...

This "nickel" is posted on Ebay for $250. It clings to a magnet, as shown in other photos too. Then, in the description, he says it was rejected by a COINSTAR. He said it likely came from his son's Grandmother, who likes to travel to the Carribean. He also says it is a counterfeit, and is not for sale...just wanted to show it off I guess.

Seems like between material , machinery , and effort , it would cost more to make a bunch of steel nickels than what the same amount of genuine nickels would be worth. I think playing the lottery might make more sense :lol:

Then you must research the 'Henning' nickel, modern counterfeits, looks like they average about $50 - :cool:

Yea, if you are counterfeiting coins probably a good thing to be smart about it.
Picking a low value coin then making major errors manufacturing them and ultimately tossing most of them away might give you a nice footnote in history...but not rich.

The most I've found so far was last week.. 1 Canadian quarter and 2 US, 1 clad dime and 1 zincon. 86¢ total.

I posted the same pic on my Facebook and my friend's son saw it, checked his local Coinstar in Johnson City, Tenn - silver dime. Better luck than me!

Back
Top Bottom