Mud Detecting Santa Barbara

I'm Sure There Wouldn't Be Any Regulations There Now:boat:

Me&My-ACE400, you're still fretting yourself about rules and laws. As said before: Just steer clear of obvious historic landmarks.

Not sure what "mud" you're speaking of. Is there a mud-flat tidal inlet beach ? Or were you referring to a lake in the area ? There is utterly no restrictions on any of the beaches there. As for parks there in Santa Barbara: I've hunted them numerous times, when passing through that part of the state. (gotten some nice old silver too :)) . Utterly no problems.

Don't over-think it.

Oh, and if you're in the santa Barbara area, anywhere within striking distance of the ocean beach: We're slated to get some swell action starting about Tuesday. With additional "bumps" on Thurs, Fri, etc.... You might want to get that 400 down to the beach, if you guys get erosion there.

Google "Tom's beach tips", and it has info. on how to read the surfer data, what /when/how to do beach erosion, etc...

Me&My-ACE400, you're still fretting yourself about rules and laws. As said before: Just steer clear of obvious historic landmarks.

Not sure what "mud" you're speaking of. Is there a mud-flat tidal inlet beach ? Or were you referring to a lake in the area ? There is utterly no restrictions on any of the beaches there. As for parks there in Santa Barbara: I've hunted them numerous times, when passing through that part of the state. (gotten some nice old silver too :)) . Utterly no problems.

Don't over-think it.

Oh, and if you're in the santa Barbara area, anywhere within striking distance of the ocean beach: We're slated to get some swell action starting about Tuesday. With additional "bumps" on Thurs, Fri, etc.... You might want to get that 400 down to the beach, if you guys get erosion there.

Google "Tom's beach tips", and it has info. on how to read the surfer data, what /when/how to do beach erosion, etc...

Thank You Tom For The Head's Up But I Think I'll Stick To Our Golden Gold State :laughing:

Huh ? Your post title alluded to Santa Barbara. Are you in CA or not ? Santa Barbara area ?

Maybe to the OP, 'Santa Barbara Mud' is simply some sort of regional dialectic colloquial euphamism? Like 'Portland Oregon' or 'Portland Maine?' 'Portland cement' even?

Maybe it refers to a stinky gelatinous scoop plugging mass? Like out of a Georgia Peanut Festival Portacrapper? I dont know, just trying to help here...Not enough info...Lets get this figured out...

Maybe to the OP, 'Santa Barbara Mud' is simply some sort of regional dialectic colloquial euphamism? Like 'Portland Oregon' or 'Portland Maine?' 'Portland cement' even?

Maybe it refers to a stinky gelatinous scoop plugging mass? Like out of a Georgia Peanut Festival Portacrapper? I dont know, just trying to help here...Not enough info...Lets get this figured out...

Welcome To First Gold State :laughing:

Think op is referring to the mud slides.
If it's a gold bearing area I'm sure it would have opened up some new gold.
Any where that water/mud has cut open new ground is worth giving a quick sweep.

After the last hurricane cleanup , there were massive ruts in a couple local parks from loaders clearing fallen trees. The ruts were up to 18" deep and I actually did manage a few older coins detecting the ruts.

Right .

Huh ? So what state is "first gold state" ? Are you in Santa Barbara CA or not ? What "mud" are you referring to ?

N.C
Mudslides in Santa Barbara
Yeah, I spent over 40 years in California, it does have a way of making you forgetful :laughing::laughing::laughing:

N.C
Mudslides in Santa Barbara
Yeah, I spent over 40 years in California, it does have a way of making you forgetful :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Oh, well if you're in N.C., you aint gonna be doing any beach detecting in Santa Barbara.

As for hunting mudslides there: Why would there be any "regulations" on that ? Heck, I think victims of mudslides are ASKING for help in locating valuables. Once again: Don't over think the rules/regulations end of the hobby.

Besides: Since I own all the mud in the USA, I authorize you to hunt away ! Any other questions ? :D

Oh, well if you're in N.C., you aint gonna be doing any beach detecting in Santa Barbara.

As for hunting mudslides there: Why would there be any "regulations" on that ? Heck, I think victims of mudslides are ASKING for help in locating valuables. Once again: Don't over think the rules/regulations end of the hobby.

Besides: Since I own all the mud in the USA, I authorize you to hunt away ! Any other questions ? :D

Well since you asked, what is the no law for burnt down houses?
just curious since one of our customers lost there house last night. They said the fuse box blew, me? I think the game got hot :shock:

When I first saw the title of this thread "Mud Detecting Santa Barbara"

......I wondered at first if it MIGHT have been about "Mud-puppy" detecting in Santa Barbara :laughing::laughing::laughing:
santabarbarasignmud2.jpg

Well since you asked, what is the no law for burnt down houses?
just curious since one of our customers lost there house last night. They said the fuse box blew, me? I think the game got hot :shock:

You'd be talking about private property. Thus , assuming you got the owner's go-ahead, there's no law in the USA regulating metal detector use on anyone's own private property.

Back
Top Bottom