Some sort of hoe?

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
That's my best guess anyway. If there was a wooden handle I could see it as a hoe but if it was metal on a machine maybe it's not.

I found this at a spot near a concrete foundation that had other farm type equipment. Some of the things look newer than than others and my guess is the site was active for a while. I do know it's use stopped in the late 30s and now it's mostly motorcycle trails. There used to be railroad tracks close enough to it that I thought the building might have been used in relation to that but most of what we found seemed more farm like.

The rivits and loop look hand made and the teeth look hand cut. Not sure if that says anything about age or

Any ideas?

20180111_200147.jpg

I'll ignore the huge softball tossed up by the title :laughing: and have a go at this..... What ya got there is the end of a two man cross cut saw.

Thank you! I've been scratching my head over this one for weeks.

Come for the title, stay for info.

They did have similar saw teeth, but not as common as the usual two man sawss

41-19thc-antique-large-two-man-cross-cut-logging-saw-old-primitive-farm-tool-92947a55e2cefd3cb3802c0b992b7f50.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

these are the saw teeth I grew up with.

cross-cut-saw-1.jpg

I grew up with similar saws as you did.
And looking at what was found again, it could be a two-man that broke off (when some novice pushed).

I grew up with similar saws as you did.
And looking at what was found again, it could be a two-man that broke off (when some novice pushed).

I think he nailed it. Now I have to go back for the rest of it.

Back
Top Bottom