What are these things?

sandgroper

Elite Member
Does anyone have any information on what these four things are?

Item #1: Found at an early 1900’s house site, I think it’s made of brass or copper and has indentations on its rim. Length is exactly 1.4in

Item #2: Also found at the 1900’s house site. Kinda looks like a valve cap, but it has all these grooves and ridges going around it. Length is exactly 3in

Item #3: Also found at the 1900’s house site. Might be part of a locket because it has a hinge, but I haven’t seen a locket that’s so shallow. It’s got a hallmark in the middle which I can’t properly read, first letter is an S, and second might be a T so ST?.

Item #4: Found at a late 1800’s park. Looks like a button but I just want to be certain. Found quite a few of them in varying conditions (but all quite deep), some (like this one) are whole, others are cut/hit by a mower.

Thanks guys :) I'm working on my 'museum' of finds (with labels and ID's), and would like to know if any of these items are worthy of being added.

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 386
First things are heal plates from shoes, second was part of a razor. Last thing was a home made whizzer, might be made from a coin.

I see the word "walk" on the right side of the item with three holes, and a date possible in the middle?

<°)))>{

I see the word "walk" on the right side of the item with three holes, and a date possible in the middle?

<°)))>{

You're right, I didn't see that! I scrubbed it with some steel wool and found there are a few more letters on it. Between the letters it is says

PAT
APPO
FOR
??ASY

Not sure what that could mean

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 279
You're right, I didn't see that! I scrubbed it with some steel wool and found there are a few more letters on it. Between the letters it is says

PAT
APPO
FOR
??ASY

Not sure what that could mean
Patent Applied For

Could be Walk Easy. They made an ointment and there was also a Walk Easy footpowder. Currently the is a crutch and cane company by that name but they started in 1991

Could be Walk Easy. They made an ointment and there was also a Walk Easy footpowder. Currently the is a crutch and cane company by that name but they started in 1991
Look up vintage walk easy on ebay to see the ointment and powder

Best guess is walk easy foot powder, the sprinkle top would be patent applied for

Back
Top Bottom