What are these

MDLand

anyone know what these are? seen one before?
They are 1 1/2" inches long, made of iron

I found both separate areas. They were each found very different areas,maybe 1500 feet apart. Found on what was probably once cattle fields and few areas where there was a small amount of granite quarrying. I find a lot of oxen shoes and wagon cart parts. Finding these two exact items in different areas intrigued me a bit. Anyone know? recognie them? were they parts off a wagon or tool used for quarrying are best guess from me? A chisle part?
thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN2100 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN2100 (640x480).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 495
  • DSCN2101 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN2101 (640x480).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCN2102 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN2102 (640x480).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 479
If the one didn't have what looks like something threaded into the side, I'd say they look like the things you put in a hardy hole on an anvil. The curve look of them is also making me think that's unlikely.

I can't tell the diameter from the pics but they look like shelf pins to me, they would press into holes on the inside of a cabinet or bookcase to hold up the shelf.

Thanks!
the base diameter round part is the size of a dime.
They do look like shelf holders though but supersized. The Hardy hole item was a great guess! i'm thinking your right. Thanks Franz!
the piece with the look of a threaded screw on it is just rust crust. I found this picture on the web. It makes sense that one of those wagons probably had an anvil on them as a portable workstation? I will have to do some research what a hardy hole is and what it does!
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• med_hot-cut.jpg
    med_hot-cut.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 376
WOW, thanks Ron 71 !! You are good! Im speechless!
Looking online I did not find the exact look match but certainly this is certainly the style of a vintage bench dog!. By the look of it, it definitely could be one.
Thanks for the great guesswork!!

Attachments

• 05G1022s1.jpg
    05G1022s1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 371
  • new_bench_dogs_1_250.jpg
    new_bench_dogs_1_250.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 364
Coxs

Those are code for horse snow shoes . In the winter time standard shoes would be changed out for winter shoes with coxs for better traction on ice.

They look like shelf supports.. round end goes into drilled holes..flat part supports shelf..see them in cabinets etc..

Back
Top Bottom