Rosie in the washer

cruiserkev

Elite Member
Life is crazy sometimes. Way back in 2014 I found my first Rosie with a detector. It was a 1946 and I promptly "lost" it returning home. This irked me for years as I am usually very careful with finds.
Well today I was having issues with my washing machine, water wasn't exiting the machine fast enough and upon doing a little research, I found out there is a little filter that gets clogged over time underneath it.
I performed some mechanical surgery and cleared the obstruction only to find a few coins had found their way in there. To my complete shock, there was my missing Rosie that had been MIA for years along with some other clad. :grin:
Oddly enough, a couple of zinc pennies appear to have have most of their copper pressure washed off over time making them much smaller. Weird!
Anyway I'm just happy to have that coin back, happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• Fotor_15506254256057.jpg
    Fotor_15506254256057.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 289
My wife shrinks my clothes when she does laundry (my clothes not fitting obviously has nothing to do with weight gain)....maybe that's what happened to the pennys

Very cool post...makes a guy think about how much coinage may be slumbering down inside sewer pipes, P traps, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, chair/couch cushions, car seats, etc....:?:

Glad you got your dime back! Its a bummer to not know where something went missing and thinking about it all the time!:laughing:

I found a very similar little heart once.. The wife took one look at it, laughed, went into her top drawer and pulled out one of her Victoria Secrets bra's and right in the middle was a little metal heart.

Most excellent Story and awesome "finds" !!

Always sucks to lose a find, I've lost two so far. Never found one of them, still have hope for the other... Congrats on the refind :)

Back
Top Bottom