Took The New Garrett ACE APEX Out For A Water Hunt Today

My machine is to assess how our coinage reacts with the APEX. The final released version will be much different. Canada is one of America's biggest trading partners.

Here's a link to much more information about the APEX.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

I wish Canada was our biggest trading partner along with Central and South America. Let's enrich the Americas instead of where we currently get all of our stuff produced which is a country that has always been bent on destroying us and our way of life.

After this last go around it appears that AMERICA will again start producing many things that were previously imported. We have the facilities and the ability to once again lead in shipping out rather than shipping in. Unemployment will become a very small (tiny printed) word at the end of our dictionary.

I wish Canada was our biggest trading partner along with Central and South America. Let's enrich the Americas instead of where we currently get all of our stuff produced which is a country that has always been bent on destroying us and our way of life.

Low prices, high quality and built in the USA: pick any two.

The Apex is a start to getting back lost sales to Minelab and Nokta.
I hope Garrett succeeds and grows stronger, I like their products đź‘Ť

John the Canadian tester

Like John says, he is evaluating how the Apex handles Canadian coins. Composition of most Canadian clad coins are made of nickel plated steel. Big difference on how detectors see or can't see or ID them. guranteed most US hunters who come to Canada and go clad hunting will pass up Can clad coins as trash targets. While an experienced Canadian clad hunters will have a field day.....................The newest clad coins tend to ID down in the iron range, more so if positioned in the soil on edge. Also they tend to bounce ID numbers. So John will give the Apex a good work out so if program changes need to be made, they can be before actual production release. By the way, the Garrett AT Pro has been a top choice of Canadian detectorists since its release.

By the way, if you have a strong enough magnet, you may be able to pull the clad out of the ground

Attachments

• PROBE2.JPG
    PROBE2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 339
Like John says, he is evaluating how the Apex handles Canadian coins. Composition of most Canadian clad coins are made of nickel plated steel. Big difference on how detectors see or can't see or ID them. guranteed most US hunters who come to Canada and go clad hunting will pass up Can clad coins as trash targets. While an experienced Canadian clad hunters will have a field day.....................The newest clad coins tend to ID down in the iron range, more so if positioned in the soil on edge. Also they tend to bounce ID numbers. So John will give the Apex a good work out so if program changes need to be made, they can be before actual production release. By the way, the Garrett AT Pro has been a top choice of Canadian detectorists since its release.

By the way, if you have a strong enough magnet, you may be able to pull the clad out of the ground

Good description of how difficult our Canadian coins are to detect. The AT pro is by far (so far) the best detector to use for our coinage. I imagine Brent Weaver will continue to do his magic and design some fine new metal detectors for Garrett. I sent a set of Canadian coins to Garrett about 20 years ago. I recently sent some more, as there have been several changes since then.

Below are my Canadian coins found in 2011, one of my better years.That was mostly with the AT Pro.
Attached Images

Attachments

• ALL 2011.jpg
    ALL 2011.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 324
You dug roughly 6000 holes for 600 Canadian dollars, approx 100hrs just digging the holes?
Personally i can't see the joy in digging modern money, for myself it's all about detecting with like minded folk, digging the past, joining the dots and adding to historical knowledge of my area, but each to their own, more power to ya, i just couldn't motivate myself for the money.

Good description of how difficult our Canadian coins are to detect. The AT pro is by far (so far) the best detector to use for our coinage. I imagine Brent Weaver will continue to do his magic and design some fine new metal detectors for Garrett. I sent a set of Canadian coins to Garrett about 20 years ago. I recently sent some more, as there have been several changes since then.

Below are my Canadian coins found in 2011, one of my better years.That was mostly with the AT Pro.
Attached Images

ghound, we in the new world are not blessed with the rich history you are so in our guest for gold rings and such modern coins keep us from getting too bored and are pleasing to the ear

ghound, we in the new world are not blessed with the rich history you are so in our guest for gold rings and such modern coins keep us from getting too bored and are pleasing to the ear

+1

My area was only settled by Europeans in the early 1800s so there are very limited historical finds. I prefer to hunt sites that go back into the 1800s for Civil War and/or early settlers artifacts.... but a lot of days my best option is to hunt an area for modern coins.

The weird thing is, were not allowed to hunt in parks here, I wish we were as some are built right beside very old areas.
[/B][/B]

You dug roughly 6000 holes for 600 Canadian dollars, approx 100hrs just digging the holes?
Personally i can't see the joy in digging modern money, for myself it's all about detecting with like minded folk, digging the past, joining the dots and adding to historical knowledge of my area, but each to their own, more power to ya, i just couldn't motivate myself for the money.

I look at it as a good physical workout. Some people lift weights at home, some join an exercise spa. I get paid to work out while coin searching. I work in a medical unit with recent hip and knee replacements. It's obvious to me that people with a good muscle - skeletal build heal 5 x faster then sedentary folks. Probably adds a few years of life and could help delay old age cognitive decline diseases such as dementia and Alzheimers.

Attachments

• DIGS.jpg
    DIGS.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 258
My fav site is a 30min hike uphill, so i appreciate where your coming from.

I look at it as a good physical workout. Some people lift weights at home, some join an exercise spa. I get paid to work out while coin searching. I work in a medical unit with recent hip and knee replacements. It's obvious to me that people with a good muscle - skeletal build heal 5 x faster then sedentary folks. Probably adds a few years of life and could help delay old age cognitive decline diseases such as dementia and Alzheimers.

When I took up this hobby I was afraid I wouldn’t like the digging part. And I’ll admit, metal detecting is work. But strangely I like it because it gets me outside and using muscles keeping me from sitting on my butt watching TV.

I'll say this much, Garrett put out a simutanous multi frequency machine and that's what everyone was asking for from any company. Not only is it simutanous but it has alot of features on top of that, a perfect sized coil and all that from the best customer service in the states..I don't get the negative vibe from some guys on here, can't miss it from some posts I've read on here..

hot damn! sven! "loonies, and toonies!" we got enough of them this side of the border! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

How to deal with excessive chatter with Apex
Chatter? What chatter? Here in my house, in the den with a lot of lights and computer and such, most of my detectors have more EMI 'chatter' than my Apex devices.

Taking detectors afield, and sticking to urban locations such as parks and schools and some parking strips, I end up hunting close to power lines and occasionally transformers .... the Apex devices are generally the quietest of them all.

I said 'devices' because I own two of them and I do not have any 'chattery' behavior from them most of the time, and when I do get a little, whatever the source is has more of an annoying effect on most of my other models.

I'd guess that you must have some really bad EMI source close-by if your Apex has excessive chattering. Not a detector-related problem when it is caused by an EMI source.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom