Minelab Explorer SE Pro Malfunctioning After Startup

0z0ne

Greetings,

So I pulled out my SE Pro after several years and, following a battery charge, everything was working fine for about 20m before the unit started malfunctioning. It would cycle through erratic noises including the pinpoint function, noise cancelling function and other various audio signals associated with standard detecting. In addition, the screen would cycle through various menu functions as well. None of the control box buttons would respond except the power button.

After detaching/cleaning/reconnecting the coil and coil cover and inspecting the battery/port I am at a loss. At startup the screen now fails to power on, but the audio issues persist.

Could this be as simple as a battery problem or something more complex with the control box electronics? I would estimate this machine has fewer than 100 hours on it and has never been damaged or exposed to excessive temperatures or moisture.

I will attempt to upload a video of the issue later.

Thanks!

Sounds a bit different than mine except for the power up. Mine wouldn't power on and they replaced the outer screen to fix it. Appears it was a contact issue in that gold plating on electronics. Yours may also need minelabs help?

A bad touchpad button or corroded/cracked ribbon connector is most likely the issue...replacement screen panels for the Explorers are available on the 'bay for less than $30.

Back
Top Bottom