My Deus 2 feedback and commentary, comparison videos, videos, pics

Some additional info to video in post #643 above - part 1.

I can run high notch using pitch tones and get 2 way signal. But one of the signals gotten is very shady, if when I notch I leave area 00-19 accepted. So notch 20-81 and get 2 way tone. The one signal though gotten not near as good a sounding when I run full tones with notch 00-81.
Disc was set at 6.8 for all Deus 2 testing using FMF in post #643 as well as when I opened up area 00-19 and notched 20-81 to check results later on. No video was supplied on this additional testing.

More testing coming soon.
I have a few ideas of some additional scenarios to try. Watching full tones behavior vs other tone useage. I have a site where I may be able to do some head to heads comparing full tones to other tone selections as well.
I do know this. If new update comes out. The video part 1 post #643 would be one of the first things I would check on to see if any changes behavior wise are noted.

Yeah
Some folks likely are not too fond of my videos. In the end they sure could pay huge dividends in judging or noting changes associated with future version update releases.
Could Xp be watching my videos? High chance. And other manufacturers too.

Last edited:
Another video I did. Noting Deus 2 behavior.
US nickel elevated above 2.5” nail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aIoAOAlVN-U

Something for the Deus 2 users to think about.
What if you notice larger ID differences when sweeping target when comparing sweeps that are approx 90 degrees different?
If one sees these differences this COULD infact signify masking taking place. Hence one should dig. This particular target could have been detected before by you or another person and they walked.
Could be a gold ring. Coin or anything really. Might be a prize find.

One reason I am bringing this up above. Sometimes when we see varied ID we tend to think quality of metal a target has. Hence think junk. The nickel above not the case yet ID depending on sweep angle varied.

Last edited:
Xp Metal detectors video.
Field testing and expert tips.
Deep searching tips.

Imo a very good video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dADhLV_PQ

That is a very good video. He did a nice job explaining everything, then demonstrating it. I see a lot of YT videos by various content creators saying stuff like "you should always run your audio response low" or "you should always do this or that". You should never "always" do anything. As he showed in the video, there is a time and place to use certain settings a certain way depending on what you're trying to achieve. That's why they're user adjustable in the first place. The goal should be to understand the settings so that you know how to use them.

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting the link.

That is a very good video. He did a nice job explaining everything, then demonstrating it. I see a lot of YT videos by various content creators saying stuff like "you should always run your audio response low" or "you should always do this or that". You should never "always" do anything. As he showed in the video, there is a time and place to use certain settings a certain way depending on what you're trying to achieve. That's why they're user adjustable in the first place. The goal should be to understand the settings so that you know how to use them.

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting the link.

You are welcome.
Like to see all manufactures do similar videos with their new releases.

XP make outstanding videos whether it is Gary Blackwell, their French speaking detector instructors, or product videos. The one showing the manufacturing process is an absolute work of cinematic art.

XP is totally a first class act which is reflected in their outstanding metal detectors.

Received some feedback from Deus 2 user.
He’s been going back to hard hunted site (even previous with Deus 2). And making some more finds. What this person did was went in and ran reactivity 5 and lowered silencer to 0.
Now I thought about this. My take is users of Deus 2 running speed 5, good idea to run silencer to 0. Why? This lowest silencer setting tends to elongate signals. Running speed at 5 signals gotten can be real short and hard to lock onto.

Thought I would share.

Received some feedback from Deus 2 user.
He’s been going back to hard hunted site (even previous with Deus 2). And making some more finds. What this person did was went in and ran reactivity 5 and lowered silencer to 0.
Now I thought about this. My take is users of Deus 2 running speed 5, good idea to run silencer to 0. Why? This lowest silencer setting tends to elongate signals. Running speed at 5 signals gotten can be real short and hard to lock onto.

Thought I would share.

I think anyone running a reactivity of 5 that wants to find deep targets is an idiot. As well, applying any other filter.

Back
Top Bottom