• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher F5 or some other Tesoro model?

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I own a Laser Trident 1 ,better known in America as Tesoro Cibola.
It is a very good detector ,but I would like to upgrade into a Fisher
F5.
Most of all,I like its control display with visual ID.
But I also read comments
about this maschine been a little unstable and chattery/noisy.
How good is the F5 ? - Any tipps are welcome.Thanks
Rammjäger

Ive had the F4 and F5 Miguel and I much preferred the F4.It was a simple to use machine,not noisy with excellent discrimination whereas the F5 I found to be overly complicated and noisy with its gain/threshold combination.Others will have their own opinions but this is mine.Im sure if you were able to crank up the F5 you could get a little more depth than the F4 but I was never able to do this.A lot of useless info cluttering the screen as far as I was concerned.Your Trident will be deeper anyway.Why do you consider this an upgrade.Not in my book.

Ive had the F4 and F5 Miguel and I much preferred the F4.It was a simple to use machine,not noisy with excellent discrimination whereas the F5 I found to be overly complicated and noisy with its gain/threshold combination.Others will have their own opinions but this is mine.Im sure if you were able to crank up the F5 you could get a little more depth than the F4 but I was never able to do this.A lot of useless info cluttering the screen as far as I was concerned.Your Trident will be deeper anyway.Why do you consider this an upgrade.Not in my book.
Thank you Robert for your honest comment.
In fact ,Tesoros MD's are really good but I would really like Tesoros
performance with the F5 display ...an Hibrid? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom