Packing suit case for flight

Casper

First I put in a large towel and sometimes a wet suit - this helps protect my gear and stops rattling and clunking.

Then I pack my longhandled breakdown scoop - 2 pairs of wet boots and 2 pairs of wet socks

Then I pack 2 masks w/snorkels, dive knife, dive gloves, water mesh bag w/belt, and underwater headlamp

Then I pack a small extras bag - with zip ties and tape (for quickie repairs), an extra arm rest for PI, dive watch, assorted tools, an extra meshbag, extra batteries and a lupe

Then I put in any maps,books or research info needed, my 3 piece PI rod and a backup 2 piece Pi rod

I then finish with another large towels and some sweatshirts (which i usually always wear in the water - especially down in Fla. - keeps the jellyfish off your torso and arms)- this cushioning will help with protecting items and stop rattle

Nice tips Casper... Enjoy your trip and bring back lots of goodies to show us ;)

and this is how I pack my machines for trip - CZ20 hardcase - and an inexpensive pistol case for PI. I take both of these cases on as carry-on - never have had a problem really. Now and then I will take XLT with me - have hard case for that one too.

Good Hunt

Wish you well Casper.
Im going myself to Pensacola on Friday and Im pack with MD. Going to spend some time in Mobile,Al. as well. Hope to see some great finds when you get back. L.I. Mike

Hey, nice packing Casper. Our van is not big enough for all this, and you manage to fit all that in a suitcase :wow:

Have fun and hope you do well! Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom