Advice on headphones

SWKDigger

Elite Member
I need to purchase a decent set of headphones and I am considering a wireless set. Can anyone tell me the down side to wireless...any reasons to avoid them. I presume there may be a slight delay and the sound quality may not be quite as good but I am just guessing. Any particular brand to avoid?
About how much will I need to spend to get a decent set without necessarily having top of the line? Also, are most wireless sets bluetooth technology? I would appreciate any suggestions for brands and models as well.

Auvio 33-283 are an awesome set of wireless headphone. They sold at radio shack for $29.99 but they no longer carry them. I have seen used sets sell for up to $100 but is you look you can find them cheaper.
Personally I think they are worth the $100 and could not imagine detecting without them. They have no delay like the Bluetooth headphones and the sound just blows away anything else I have used.

another vote for the auvio 33-283 if you can find them.....luckily I have 2 sets but if I ever had ta get another wireless set my next choice would be the TDK WR 700

I understand that the 33-283 headphones are the best to be had by far. However, these are the unicorn of headphones and, let's face it, you're chances of finding a new pair are next to impossible.

I'm in a similar predicament. I need good and cheap headphones. The closest set of 33-283 six months ago when I asked about them was 300 miles away. They're just not out there anymore.

So what model of headphones would come in 2nd place if money was a factor? I need a wireless set, but there's no way I could justify spending $100 on a new set, much less a used set of 33-283 headphones for that price.

Rapoos? Something else? Discuss.

I have had about 12 hours now, detecting with a set of Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones. They are very small and light weight and are around $45.00. They work very well for the price and I just ordered a second set. They use the Kleer Audio 2.4 ghz technology like the Auvio and the TDK so there is no delay.

I have had about 12 hours now, detecting with a set of Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones. They are very small and light weight and are around $45.00. They work very well for the price and I just ordered a second set. They use the Kleer Audio 2.4 ghz technology like the Auvio and the TDK so there is no delay.

Coincidentally, I bought the exact same set off of Amazon just before Frog's post. The black ones are $47.69 and the blue set are just a couple bucks more. Sorry if I came across as a little impatient. It's because I was. I got the AT-Pro set up with my own sport earbuds (which I really like) but that damn cord just kept getting in the way.

Wireless. Now. Can't wait.

Just need the road-rage UPS driver to stop at my house and throw them at my head.

This is some awesome info. $100+ is really more than I wanted to spend. $45 is reasonable. STill welcome more suggestions.

I just upgraded from the stock Garrett headphones, to my personal music etymotic ER6i earphones and added an inline volume controller. The cord is long enough to run under my shirt so that it does not get into the way. I also use a MD sling , so my AT Pro is always next to me.
In-the-ear phones are much cooler (AZ heat) than full earmuffs. I have not tried wireless yet, maybe someday I will go that route...

Wireless headphones have a number of problems. Mainly range. Since you will be so close that shouldn't be an issue. The only thing I would worry about is the signal interference. They like to have their own airwaves and I just do not think they would work well with a detector yet. I could be wrong. They are also much more expensive than corded versions. Then you would get disconnects every so often and miss a good beep. I just don't think it's worth it, to be honest.

I have the Auvios and loved them until the transmitter went bad! Bluetootth don't. work well because they all have a delay!

I'm looking for a new 2.4ghz transmitter for them. The phones are great as they are light and have small ear covers. Bluetooth don't work well with MDs because they have a delay! It has something to do with BT compressing the signal to transmit and expanding it back in the headset? MD wireless need to be RF. My Deus came wireless, my whites have a built in wireless transmitter, but they are very proud of the whites wireless headset! It's an exercise in futility for sure, but wireless is the only way to go. I'm just going to get the TDKs and be done with it. My home wireless are Sennheiser rs120s, they are great but have only a large transmitter with the charging base. I'm about to research headsets again and will post anything decent and fair priced I find. GL & HH.... Pat

I still haven't decided what kind to get yet. I'll do some more research and order some this winter so I have the new wireless for the spring season. Thanks for everybody's input.
still open for suggestions.

i have had no problems with mine ,

same here...I've been wireless for 2+ years with the same set of auvio's and haven't had a single issue, no delay, no interference (unless someone i'm hunting with is using the same set), and no missed signals. once I went wireless I never looked back and I've used this set of auvio's on several machines I've owned (GTI, AT pro, etrac and now my ctx)
i'll never go wired again

Pulled the trigger and ordered the Rapoo h3070s. Should have them by the end of the week. Looking forward to a weekend hunt with them.

SWK please let us know how you like those Rapoo headphones would ya? Don't know how much longer my wireless transmitter is going to last for my
Auvio's and will need some kind of replacement phones down the road. Good luck and thanks. HH :D

Get Diggin Wireless

I use a set of get diggin wireless headsets, he has stopped selling them but they are nearly identical to the rapoo's mentioned earlier. My headset is a different style, but the transmitter looks identical.
They are nothing short of fantastic to use. No delay, charge up in about 2 - 3 hours and run time is almost 4 hours. If your MD does not have a volume control built in you will need a RS adapter to cut back on the sound and allow you to match the two and hear properly. Once you go wireless you will hate not having them. I have used mine for over a year now, hundreds of hours and dozens of recharges on them.

Auvio 33-283 are an awesome set of wireless headphone. They sold at radio shack for $29.99 but they no longer carry them. I have seen used sets sell for up to $100 but is you look you can find them cheaper.
Personally I think they are worth the $100 and could not imagine detecting without them. They have no delay like the Bluetooth headphones and the sound just blows away anything else I have used.

another vote for the auvio 33-283 if you can find them.....luckily I have 2 sets but if I ever had ta get another wireless set my next choice would be the TDK WR 700

Im with you guys the Auvio's are outstanding!!

Back
Top Bottom