My very first finds

brian1971

Went back in the woods to put cards in my trail cameras, took the detector with just to play. Well I found a hammer, probably fell off the four wheeler, then went to the new place I bought played around the house, found a few pop lids and a rifle casing from a 30-30. All were about 4" below the ground. Got cold so came back home.

Last edited:
Add to that a pair of sunglasses a hand full of nuts and bolts. But having fun.

The hammer was one I just kept on the atv, just a cheap wooden handle hammer from lowes maybe costed 6.00 when I bought it.

I'm using a swarm efx100e. But I think in two weeks I'm going to get an ace 250.

Here at the the house there were several garbage piles barrier before we moved in. They were all over the place. The new place we bought had a old shed bout 40' from the house, I'm going to go there and see what I find. I'm sure there is t any valuebles, but I like finding old stuff trying to figure out what it is and things. May run across some coins that fell out of pockets and things.

Only took a pic of the hammer I'll see if I can post it
E239B800-D2AC-4CFA-A956-58AC3DAB0B68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice! Glad to see you got out...take a look at your property and see if you can identify the biggest and oldest shade tree or maybe where the clothesline was...

Man, look at that hammer! Those Kentucky termites are even eating the head!:laughing:
Mud

went out yesterday morning just goofing around at my new property, found a hand full of nuts and bolts, all kinds of the old pull tabs, and a shield off of a door knob. the depth on my efx100e so far has been right on. still reading clumps of grass with nothing in it, but I turned down my sensitivity and think I have gotten away from that. I started with one of those little garden shovels but with the ground so cold and hard I moved up to a regular shovel. think ill try to find a camp shovel, as well as buy a pin pointer, seen a few on ebay for around 40.00. getting ready to look online and see if I can find a park or somewhere public like that to go dig on,the only beeches are at state parks and you cant dig on them.

Sweet! You are getting it now, Brian! Look at the terrain, try to imagine yourself and it 100yrs ago...Drop yourself back in TIME and think about areas where people would sit or camp or do something that would drop money or items...everything you find tells you clues....(What was that doorknob cover doing out there where you found it?)

Your detector will prove your instincts...for instance, a big old oak on the treeline...I bet you a dollar somebody took a shot at a squirrel up in it at Sun-up, which is when squirrels move,...so there will be shotgun shells to the east of it at the appropriate distance...a guy likes to shoot squirrels with the Sun at their back...also to the West when they move again in the evening...You cant shoot a squirrel with the Sun in your eyes...a guy drops things when they reach into their pocket for another shell or their knife...You will look at trees and terrain in a whole different mind set...you find nails under a big oak, some kid built a tree house in it a long time ago...unraveling the great mysteries of Men and Metal is the thrill of the Sport....
Mud

Back
Top Bottom