My homemade P.I.'s maiden spin results

John W.H.

Elite Member
You may have seen my homemade P.I. detector in the make it or fix it your self forum, well today I got out for a trial run at a beach I've been detecting for some time and I can say I am very impressed with it's performance. My first coin was a wheat at more than 10 inches. I was digging everything from the surface ear blasters to the faint whispers. I dug quite a few pull tabs and pull tab rings from 10 or more inches. No kidding. This thing is almost on par with my Dual Field! :shock: Running an 8" coil and I'm sure with a bigger coil I would be digging way deep! I could almost ID all iron with a "double" beep or broken signal. Best targets were 2 wheats that were both deep and a '41 nickel also really deep. I'm very happy with my project detector. ;)

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome that you have the knowledge and the skill to build your own detector. I would be very proud of that feat.

Congrats on the coins and hope you find some beautiful yellow stuff with it also.

That is very cool. Glad you posted this as others might get inspired to try a build.

Nice going John!

Built my own Barracuda PI from a kit. Awesome depth. Using a 12.5 inch homemade coil. Lots of fun digging everything!.....:laughing:

Again great job!

Bob

Nice!

Is that the Hammerhead PI?

I've been wanting to try my hand at making one, but haven't had the time.

Thats way cool I would really like to see a video of your new machine in action and take a listen to it for myself. Congrats and great job on the build.

Back
Top Bottom