"Spam Emails" Reminder

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
This is to remind everyone that Vlad and I do NOT send mass emails from this forum or from anywhere else. We do not send promotions on any subject. We do NOT do email marketing.

If you recieve an email that says it is from Vlad or Carol Kononova, then delete it.

The only emails we send are to members who email us first.

Thanks,
Carol K

Thanks for this Carol! One showed up in my "Bulk" today and I just deleted it! Forget what they were trying sell??!!?:?::lol:

Please members do not open any emails with a strange address that say they are from me.

Please report the email as spam.

It appears that there are some more fake emails being sent under the disguise of our moderators names with slight variations. Please delete these as they are not from our moderators.

Always remember that our URL is metaldetectingforum.com

Thanks!

It appears that there are some more fake emails being sent under the disguise of our moderators names with slight variations. Please delete these as they are not from our moderators.

Always remember that our URL is metaldetectingforum.com

Thanks!

Wonder if it's from our friendly hacker. I haven't received one lately, but it's good to have a heads up just in case.

I fight this kind of thing for a living. If people are receiving emails from one particular address, it usually means that there is a virus on the computer that has the originating email account. There is a particular breed of email viruses that mines the victim's address book, then sends out bogus emails with a copy of itself embedded in the email or a link that will download and install the virus automatically. They do this to try and make money or phish for personal information for identity theft. Some are cleaver enough to obscure the addresses to mask the originating computer.

Be sure your virus scanning software is up to date, and never open suspicious emails. Unfortunately, Microsoft Outlook and several other email clients open it for you automatically, installing the infectious virus. Scan your machine with the most current virus scanner version and signatures.

Now that I have everybody scared about email, try and have a nice day...

Back
Top Bottom