EMI with nox 800

graybeard

Elite Member
I have some places in a park that EMI is a problem. After doing noise cancel, ground balance and setting the sensitivity down to around 15 I still get lots of chatter while sweeping the coil, when I set it down to dig a target it is extremely noisy.

I have places like that too, and they all have underground cables. I have also noted that anywhere I have EMI issues, it is ALWAYS worse when the detector is not moving (whether on the ground or in the air).

No explanation for why EMI is quiet (or quieter) while actively scanning.

Mine has been like that a few times. Tried most everything and had to pull out the Deus yesterday and it ran smooth. Not sure why it does it. Even on single frequency. The Deus hit hard on good targets even deep but nox was struggling
There were no large amount of power lines. All I can figure is WiFi from homes near by.

I have some places in a park that EMI is a problem. After doing noise cancel, ground balance and setting the sensitivity down to around 15 I still get lots of chatter while sweeping the coil, when I set it down to dig a target it is extremely noisy.

I have the same issue in one certain area, even the Deus and the Sorex would horribly, almost making it impossible to tolerate.
When I first experienced this I could not figure what was going on. I finally narrowed it down to a drive through at a nearby restaurant. I finally got to the spot one day when it was closed and everything was fine. Went again later when open and back to the same old chatterbox.

Mine goes nuts rarely but when it does its due to my cell phone. Airplane mode that puppy and its smooth sailing!!!

I don't carry a cell phone while detecting. One place I wanted to try the nox there are problems with EMI using other detectors. I couldn't use the Racer 2 there because a bad pulsing sound even with the sensitivity turned way down.

Another place has an electric fence close by.

Not exactly cell tower or the Equinox but what usually kills my detectors are the point to point satellite dishes. Depending if the source is actually sending/ receiving, one school property jams up my machines, and anybody I am hunting with. We've hunted there before with no trouble, them WHAM

Back
Top Bottom